Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Tonight was the first night I tried guiding with my new guidescope (an 80mm Guidescope as opposed to the ZS66) I stuck a 2X Barlow in it and went for M1. It was going fine - I went from 1min to 2min to 4 min then 8 min then the clouds came!!! So this is only 2 shots of each of the above and some dark frames - taken with the 350d and SCT@F10. I really need to either clean my filter/ccd or take some flats!

Anyway very happy that I can sucessfully guide at 2metre length for 8mins. I now just need a proper clear crisp night to get this nailed!

post-13107-133877410767_thumb.jpg

NIce one Craig, you beat me to that........ There is quite a bit of detail in there, and the guiding looks good to me.

Gaz

pretty neat for just a couple of shots. Loads of potential for when the skies improve (sometime nxt yr ??).

Did you barlow the 80mm to guide on a star closer to the Crab ? What were you using as a guide cam and what exp. were you getting ? Sorry one more Q Craig, which guiding S/W ?

Karlo

Karlo,

Yep - I did barlow (X2) the 80mm, the guide cam is a DSI I and I was using PHD to guide.

Was thinking about going out tonight but think it's just a bit too risky!

The nebula is good and guiding at 2 metres requires skill and daring! It doesn't look as if you used flats. I think they'd be a big plus on this but forgive me if I'm wrong.

Olly

You are right Olly - Flats would have made a world of difference! I dont have a light box to make flats at night though and there was a lot of rain/wind due so I did not want to leave the camera attached overnight.

Nice quick attempt.. :D

Interesting you mention replacing the ZS66 with an 80mm guide scope, I have a problem with my ZS66 , CPC800 & LVi Smatguider, according to LVi I need a bigger guide scope with this mount :D

The sales pitch on the lvi website doesnt warn you about this :headbang:

Guy..

I usually like peoples reprocessing of images but this time I prefer the 1st version Craig, it looks more natural to me.

Gary