Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1

blinky

Tonight was the first night I tried guiding with my new guidescope (an 80mm Guidescope as opposed to the ZS66) I stuck a 2X Barlow in it and went for M1. It was going fine - I went from 1min to 2min to 4 min then 8 min then the clouds came!!! So this is only 2 shots of each of the above and some dark frames - taken with the 350d and SCT@F10. I really need to either clean my filter/ccd or take some flats!

Anyway very happy that I can sucessfully guide at 2metre length for 8mins. I now just need a proper clear crisp night to get this nailed!

post-13107-133877410767_thumb.jpg

pretty neat for just a couple of shots. Loads of potential for when the skies improve (sometime nxt yr ??).

Did you barlow the 80mm to guide on a star closer to the Crab ? What were you using as a guide cam and what exp. were you getting ? Sorry one more Q Craig, which guiding S/W ?

Karlo

You are right Olly - Flats would have made a world of difference! I dont have a light box to make flats at night though and there was a lot of rain/wind due so I did not want to leave the camera attached overnight.

Nice quick attempt.. :D

Interesting you mention replacing the ZS66 with an 80mm guide scope, I have a problem with my ZS66 , CPC800 & LVi Smatguider, according to LVi I need a bigger guide scope with this mount :D

The sales pitch on the lvi website doesnt warn you about this :headbang:

Guy..

Archived