Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M16 17 and 20

MartinB

Narrow band filters rock!!!!  These were just above neighbours outside light plus a very bright moon just a few degrees away.  All with NS8 and fastar and atik 2HS  Eagle neb (M16)  10x40secs HA and 5 of OIII and SII.  B+W is HA, colour is done by making SIII subs green.  So the colour is actually false.

Triffid and omega 20x40secs Ha.

M16 eagle neb

image.jpg

image.jpg

M17 omega neb

image.jpg

M20 Triffid

image.jpg

All processed whilst in the garden!  Will do a proper job sorting out gradients etc when it's cloudy

Lovely. I was thinking of getting a OIII myself. Do you know of any web sites that list what nebula goes with what filter?

Captain Chaos

Thanks CC. No I don't know of any sites. OIII are really useful for planetary nebs. I look through images of targets on the web and see what others have used.

Definite improvement there Rog but you've not got much to work on with the jpeg. Looking better already :D

The targets were all on the meridian a long way from eq pole and poor polar alignment. Difficult to put in the time doing a drift align at this time of year but I hope to do better in the Autumn. I'm sure I can process out those trails. Will use these images and the video tutorials on images plus to help my very limited processing skills.

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone

Archived