SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepiece cross-hair

NiteGawper

Hi all,

Some time ago when I had my TAL scope, it came with a non-illuminated cross-hair reticle that could screw into any eyepiece. I would use it in my 40mm eyepiece when aligning my finder and also used it when doing my GOTO mount alignment...

I have seen actual full reticle eyepieces like this ScopeTeknix Classic 18mm Reticule Eyepiece (wide angle) on the market, or the full illuminated reticules like this Eyepieces & Barlows - Celestron MicroGuide Illuminated Reticle Eyepiece

But does anyone know if anything like the TAL reticle is available??

It is shown in this image from the TAL instruction manual, number 7 in the picture - not a great help, but it shows what I mean.

Any help or ideas would be great...

Thanks,

Andy M...

post-14498-133877410418_thumb.gif

I have one which I bought off this very board ladt year. My intention was to use it in a RAF to make lining up easier, but I am having difficulty getting hold of a cheap EP that will focus with the finder!

• 3 months later...

Archived