1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Hello every1 :)

Brunty12345

Hello everyone I am 17 and I'm from England iv been interested in astronomy for around 2 years and I might do a college course within astronomy next year because I can't do one righT now because I'm allready in 1 lol Im going to get a telescope very soon aswell I'll spend around 140 pound on 1 :rolleyes:

Great to have a young newcommer so welcome to the SGL. I started at 16 when Halley's comet came in 1986 and never looked back. You don't need to spend a fortune, a pair of 10x50 bins would be a good start and lots of 2nd hand items here as well. John.

ok thank you, how much shall I spend around? Plus I won't really need anything extreme means though I'm only a beginner lol :rolleyes: I can't wait till I get 1 :) iv always wanted to know even more about different planets I just avent done much about it up till now lol

Hi Brunty - I started with a pair of 10x50 binocs and a planisphere. I also purchased the Sky at Night and Astronomy Now magazines and attempted to follow what I read in the real sky. I recommend that aproach until you positively want a scope - then get the largest aperture within your budget. You may also be interested in the East Mids sub group of SGL which has just started arranging local get togethers at dark sites where you can get advice and sample different type of equipment.

Lots of luck with the hobby :headbang: