Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Coco

Rosette Nebula - Astrotrac Image

Hi

Well it was a quick dash for the astrotrac last night at midnight,

I had arrived home late with the family got out of the car and looked up, it was a clearish night no Moon so I thought why not :laughing:

Much to my wife's annoyance with cupboard doors opening and camera gear being hastily arranged.

EOS 40D (modified)

Astrotrac

Sigma 100-300 f/4

30 x 1:30 minute subs (45mins total)

30 bias offsets + no darks

Thought Id have a go with Noels spikes despite it being a camera lens laughing7.gif

Now I'm waiting for more data, hopefully I'll get another hour or so of longer subs and then i'll ad the darks..

original.jpg

Wow! That's a quick dash???

Very nice indeed Coco!

Lovely shot and a great result for 45mins. Nice red colour in the center stars. You say the camera is Astronomised, do you mean the Ha blocker was removed?

Tom.

Well that was certainly worth all the effort of setting up at the last minute. An excellent result coco with plenty of colour and a nice crisp star field for a camera lens.

Regards

Kevin

That is glorious Coco - i wonder what it would have looked like without the camera being modified - do you think there would be a significant difference.

Amazing any which way, though!

PB

Well worth the effort to set up at that time of night love the colour of the stars and the size of them the colour of Nebula is also natural looking overal spot on !

BS

Now that is a very very pretty image - love the scale and colour! I soooo much want a clear sky!!!

Very pretty indeed Guy! I dont recall seeing the Rosette in its context before, what a great use of the astrotrac.

I especially like the star colours, but the whole pic is vibrant and pleasing to the eye.

Nice one :rolleyes:

TJ

Beautiful, love those bright stars. The benefits of the camera mod certainly show.

That is such a fantastic image. So much depth and colour and so nicely framed. Well done :rolleyes:

Cheers

Neil

That's a flawless image of the Rosette Guy, clean and crisp. Wouldn't have previously believed that was possible in only 45mins, I guess the F4 helped there. Mind you with the current weather 45mins is a long exposure in my book!

Cheers,

Rich.

I'm sure your wife will for give you with your result.That's a very nice capture nice details.Mark