Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where to download Pixinsight LE?

I'm trying to get hold of a copy of the freeware Pixinsight LE software, but I can't find a download page anywhere. It looks as though Plieades software don't produce it any more (not listed on their website). Any ideas as to where I can get a copy would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

I have a saved copy of ver 1.0 Pixinsight LE which I can burn to cd and post to you if you struggle to find a download site, which I think you might as the free version was discontinued a while ago. As it was originally freeware I presume this is ok with the mods.

If so send me your address via pm and I will post a copy,

Cheers Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael & Tony,

Just a quick warning, I think the guys at Plieades would disagree that this is legal....in fact they feel very strongly that it is illegal. This has been a recent topic on the PixInsight forum. The text below is an extract from that forum by the authors of PixInsight, and I pass it on for info....

Hi everybody,

We have detected a number of sites on the Internet where illegal copies of PixInsight LE are being publicly distributed. There are also sites where illegal downloads are being publicized or recommended.

The above post on CN Forums is advocating piracy, contrarily to what has been said. The accompanying documentation of PixInsight LE clearly states that the user is not authorized to upload PixInsight LE or any of its components to any web server, website or online service:

Legal Matters

Consequently, the public distribution of PixInsight LE software through the Internet is not allowed without explicit prior consent from the sole owner of the copyright, i.e. Pleiades Astrophoto S.L. Of course, uploading PixInsight LE installation files to a P2P or file sharing service is illegal for the same reason. The fact that a software product is freeware does not confer to the user any rights of ownership or distribution on the product.

Please help us fight against this kind of illegal practices. If you discover a website or online service where PixInsight software is being distributed (LE or any other version), other than the official PixInsight website (www.pixinsight.com), we'd appreciate if you inform us.

Thank you.

==================================================

Cheers

Simon

Archived