Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cloudy but still cant wait!

Theninjagecko

Still waiting for my 300p from FLO. 2 weeks tomorrow now. I know its been cloudy but I just want to see it in my house! lol

Ok what mods do you guys think i would do. Base setting circles, Wixey. What about a right angled finder? I saw those on FLO but they are blue :rolleyes:

i'd say a wixey is a good start and i also added amagnetic spirit level so i could be sure i was calibrating it accurately (and it's usefull to have) i'd wait on everything else till you've had some time using it, for example i was thinking of a right angle finder. telrad etc but so far i've found the straight finder is perfectly acceptable. i'll probably add base circles but with the wixey removing one variable, i don't find it too hard to do a little search through a few degrees knowing the elevations correct.

the level i got is this one as it's got a small level thats detachable( half the height of the wixey and a similar footprint) and that's the one i use as it's small enough to put in a pocket.

Draper 31416 Magnetic Spirit Level: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

i'd say a wixey is a good start and i also added amagnetic spirit level so i could be sure i was calibrating it accurately (and it's usefull to have) i'd wait on everything else till you've had some time using it, for example i was thinking of a right angle finder. telrad etc but so far i've found the straight finder is perfectly acceptable. i'll probably add base circles but with the wixey removing one variable, i don't find it too hard to do a little search through a few degrees knowing the elevations correct.

the level i got is this one as it's got a small level thats detachable( half the height of the wixey and a similar footprint) and that's the one i use as it's small enough to put in a pocket.

Draper 31416 Magnetic Spirit Level: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Nice tool. Thanks, Will get one I think.

That doesn't sound good :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we did miss your email but we had attached a note to your order reminding us to advise you when it was dispatched. Unfortunately we were not ourselves advised (we arranged direct delivery to you from the importer to save time) so the first we knew that it had been dispatched was when we received an invoice this morning.

Whilst I doubt the Fedex driver knew about your Mum's arthritis it does sounds like he needs a course in diplomacy! I have passed your comments to his Manager in the hope that he will be pulled up on his attitude.

Please check the telescope, if it is damaged in any way we will arrange a collection then a refund or replacemant, whichever you prefer.

Apologies to you and your Mum for the inconvenience.

As far as add ons and mods go I have a 300mm skyliner and haven't done anything to it at all, just love it as it is! I have a Wixey but the batteries keep going flat. TBH I'm not all that keen because I have to look at the laptop to check on the dec which takes away some of the simplicity of the scope. I much prefer straight through finders and it is only a problem at the zenith. The things I would recommend are some plastic sheeting to protect the base from moisture, especially if you are putting it on a lawn, and a Baader laser collimator which I've found gives very fast and accurate collimation.

Get yourself an nice widefield EP around 7mm for stunning planetary views!

just goes to show how your impressions of a company can depend on one person, when my 250 dobs was delivered the fedex guy was fantastic, carefull unloading it, offered to take it through the house for me and after asking what it was, he was very curious as to where i got it from.

I used fedex to deliver a telescope that i sold a few weeks ago, i packed it in a good box with plenty of bubble wrap and foam so it was tight and secure and no gaps. When it arrived at its destination, it was damaged and the box had been knocked. I think it all depends on the driver and what time his breakfast is.

Archived