Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece case

Chris H

Can anybody reccomend a good eyepiece case available in the UK? I need it to house up to 5 eyepieces, a barlow, some filters and thats about it. I have looked at one or two online but they all appear to be too big, I like to travel light.

Thanks.

Have you looked at the Maplin one - its on special at the mo.

Flight Case with Foam : Flight & Rugged Cases : Maplin

Or how about this - cant get lighter I would think and you can wrap it round you when out and about.

Tragetasche für Zubehör zum Umschnallen - Teleskop-Express: DER Astroshop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

The second one is Teleskop Service in Germany. They ship to the UK real fast and I have used them to get a few bits and pieces and they have been very good. If the belt bag isnst to your liking have a browse on their other cases. They do quite a range.

I'v got 7 eyepieces including a few 2" ones which sit very safely in the Maplin case (the one filled with pluckable foam). They have a habit of putting these cases on sale from time to time as they have in the web page that AB has linked to - great value at that price !.

John

Thanks, the Maplin case looks good and is a bargain. I had never heard of teleskop.com thanks AB for the link the 'bum bag' looks good and it seems pretty much perfect, I'm always loosing eyepiece covers in the dark and to be able to put them straight in a pouch and have other equipment to hand is a very good idea.

have a look on the old E bay site, i`ve come across a seller on there that sells the Celestron and Revelation cases for about £35, there very good for the money, aliminium locking case, 8 eyepiece sections and enough room for 8 filters, all cut out ready to accept 1.25" eyepieces, also fairly small

Cheers Rob

p.s. heres a link (i`m not the seller by the way) just for information.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CELESTRON-1-25-Eyepiece-Telescope-Accessory-METAL-CASE_W0QQitemZ380168281457QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Telescopes?hash=item5883cb9d71

Wow thats a lot of cases. Thanks to everyone I will now have a good look at them all and then probably go for the B&W case because I saw a photo of johninderby's case full of amazing eyepieces and it looked great.

Thanks everyone

YOu can cut foam with a hot wire- its best to have two people doing it with one each side of the foam to keep the wire straight and tight.

You can also use a craft knife with a long blade - the snap off disposable type. Put something like a block of wood on the foam to give the knife an edge so that the blade stays straight and level and CUT dont saw.

The finis is reasonable doing it that way but not great. There are also places online that will cut foam to order for you from a template.

Archived