Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky at Night magazine

mwalke36

[ Not wanting to hijack this thread, it's about the S@N December mag and the adverts in it...

Is anyone else miffed at the way the FOUR PAGE Telescope House advert is right in the middle of the monthly sky chart??!!?? :mad: ]

I was hoping it was just a one-off error with my copy, "Eeee I were vexed" when I found it.

I guess they will be getting a bit of flack for it.

Judging by some other threads on this site the fact that it was a TP advert might lift a few blood presures.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - I was irritated by the ad, not because of whose it was - any ad would have p'eed me off. I had to take scissors to it to remove it, it could have least been in the centrefold so it could just be pulled out (like the Radio Times travek supplement) and join the rest of the stuff used to start the stove with. Bizarre. I guess somebody must have messed up there.

Thing that bugs me is that I have yet to read a review that says something is rubbish. Everything is rated at between 86 & 92%. I guess they have to limit what they review, and they review within a certain group, and if they said something was rubbish they might get sued - but Top Gear seem to get away with it. It would be far more useful to people to know what to steer clear of, rather than see what wonderful stuff there is - 90% of which they'll never buy anyway (because there is a limit to how many telescopes somebody can buy in any year).

Well, at last I recieved a reply to all my emails about my subscription. I got the terse reply on Thursday 17th stating I'll recieve my first mag dated 22nd and my first magazine actually arrived the day after )on Friday 18th. Not had the chance to look at the mag itself yet but its a definite thumbs down for the subscription service! :-(

Steve

Archived