SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tadpoles and Rosette - 1st light with FSQ

GordonH

Hi All

I have recently got myself a Takahashi FSQ106ED and some 50mm square 5nm narrow band and LRGB filters and an FLI CFW-5-7 filter wheel. The filter wheel is huge (see below) and adds quite a bit of weight to the scope side of the mount so it is currently out of balance which I am in the process of resolving. I finally managed to give it first light last night (very briefly as the weather didn't play ball). I managed to get 2x20 minutes for IC405/410 which I am quite pleased with as the tadpoles show up really well and 4x10 minutes for the Rosette nebula. I only had chance to image through the Ha filter as the mist was rising fast and at 2am the clouds came in and that was it for the night.

The images are noisy and you will have to excuse the processing but I didn't have a lot of data to play with. Auto guiing was with the Lodestar camera and the mount was a Paramount ME. When the weather is a bit kinder I will be concentrating on some widefield shots with this scope.

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877408911_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877408918_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877408925_thumb.jpg

Archived