SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from the USA

rjayne

Hello All,

Great new site! I send my greetings from West and look forward to many animated conversations on all things astronomy related!

I'm excited :) to attend my first meeting of the local Astronomy Club here in Northeast Ohio. They maintain 8" and 16" telescopes in their own observatories! My first event is this Saturday, when they host a meeting, dinner and observation night (weather permitting.) I'll send back a report after attending.

Dissappointed to hear of the failure of Cosmos 1, the Solar Sailer launched yesterday :) I was a member of the Planetary Society several years ago and have great admiration for Carl Sagan, one of the founders. I hope they are able to find the cause of the failure and put another mission together soon. The technology is very exciting; reaching Pluto in 5 years :!:

Anyway, we've had great weather here locally for observing, but a busy schedule has kept me from the back-yard. This will change Saturday night! Till then, cheers to all.

Hello Rjayne,

Welcome to the Forum:), i look forward to your report from this saturdays meeting and observation Night.

There not sure at the moment if Cosmos 1 is a complete failure are they, Amir Alexander seems to think there's hope.

Have fun

James :)

Archived