SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Scope...maybe?

I am increasingley finding less and less time to set up the HEQ5 and SW200 and all the bits that go with it but i don't want to sell if poss:confused:

I am thinking of getting a new one that is easier setupable:icon_scratch: but still delivers nice views, within my budget of £250ish?? i know not alot. I've seen this Clearance / Pre-Owned - Celestron Omni XLT 120 and it looks an okish all rounder?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance:):icon_eek:

Andy

Have you thought about getting a dobsonian scope ?.

An 8" dob will give you great views and is really simple to set up - just carry it outside, allow 20 mins or so for it to cool and away you go - no polar alignment, just point and look.

John

if you're happy with the views your 200 gives you why not sell the OTA but keep the mount and rings and get a 200 dob, then you have a choice how to mount it HEQ5 when you have the time/ motivation, dob mount for the other times (though the dob bearings will restrict how far you can manouver the eyepiece angle when its on the HEQ5 )

sorry internet still down

views through the 200 are great so maybe

a skyliner 200 is the answer

and finding the objects is part of the allure

that a goto system doesnt allow

thanks for the replies

Andy

Another vote for 8-inch dob - perfect if you want a quick and simple set-up. It's easy to carry a complete 8-inch plus base with one hand. Don't go for anything larger or you'll lose out on speed and simplicity.

its not so much an EQ

that gives me so much to do

its the alignment and wires

that put on the hours

so maybe a dob will do...

tomorrow me thinks

Thanks that put a smile on my face :rolleyes::D

Andy

Archived