SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scopes 'n' Skies

Demonperformer

I dont have enough posts to enable me to post in the supplier review section, but i just want to say how helpful Scopes n Skies were recently, i needed a focus assy for my scope, one email and they responded virtually straight away. had one in stock, a very good price, paid on 26/4 it arrived 27/4. will not hesitate to use them again.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have been known to have had their difficulties in the past judging by people's comments on here, so I'm glad to hear you have had a good experience and maybe this might be a turning point with regards to their customer service - lets hope so.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I should make a point of recording a good experience with the above supplier. E-mailed to check stock on the Sunday, got a reply Monday. Submitted the order Wednesday night, received a confirming mail the next day followed by delivery estimate and text message. Parcel was delivered on time, on the due day.

Can't ask for more than that!

I made a standard order for a mak to sct adapter and also an astroboot order. Both arrived within three days. The text delivery service is a nice touch. Also gettin an accurate time for delivery is a great help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

order 1 :

astro revelation 1.25" a-focal/Prime T2 adaptor. lovely bit of kit works well, delivery bang on.

order 2:

astro rev filters. moon filter. the color filters came from astroboot and the online store, but the moon filter is bad quality, plastic ring pushed into filter housing to hold the glass in place unable to stack other filters. delivery late , ordered friday turned up 7 days later, had to phone to find out where items was.

otherwise order 1/2 went kind of well given the other threads i had come across about skys and scopes.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought an RA motor from Scopes 'n' Skies which was delivered the next day. I had problems using it, as my scope tube hit the motor when looking South, so I returned it within seven says of delivery.

Although the order was placed online, Scopes 'n' Skies insist that a return can only be organised by telephone. It took a very long time for them to answer the phone. Having arranged the return I sent the item back - I paid the return postage.

When the refund was credited to my account it was for £2 less than I had paid. There was no communication from Scopes 'n' Skies. I emailed them to request the additional £2 but they have not replied.

I am still £2 out of pocket. Scopes 'n' Skies have not refunded this money and have not contacted me to explain their position.

Scopes 'n' Skies have now permanently lost a customer over a trifling amount of money and becuase they do not have the courtesy to reply to a customer's email.

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to tell everyone about my recent experience with Scope n’ Skies.

Tiny bit of background info to explain why I am so annoyed. My astronomy nights are very limited by work and when I bought the items I actually had a few weeks available before I became very restricted with astronomy for a bit. The items I bought are so essential that I can’t do astronomy without them, the old ones broke but that’s a long story. Anyway…

I bought the items from them, that were in stock and days later were still listed as in stock. I paid for normal postage. The confirmation e-mail came through and said they will only charge your card once the order is ready to ship and they charged me on the same day, hence it’s ready to ship.

10 days later an still no item so I gave them a phone call, sorry I gave them 20 phone calls over the course of an entire day letting the phone ring (unanswered) for 2 minutes at a time. This was a Wednesday. I gave them an e-mail saying if they didn’t respond to my e-mail or pick up the phone in 24 hours I would go through Paypal’s resolution centre.

The next day I tried to ring them again on 10 occasions and still nobody picked up. No e-mail either. So I put my message to them through Paypal’s resolution centre, saying I didn’t want the items I wanted my money back. Four days later they refunded the full amount, which is about the only good thing I have to say about them.

They didn’t offer an apology or try to talk to me. I can honest say I will NEVER use them again! Their customer service towards me was shocking. I don’t know if they would have ever sent my items or even told me why they had not been sent.

Because they never sent my items I have lost a total of 5 nights (over 2 and a half weeks) and am now a few days away from not being about to do astronomy for a while.

Anyway that’s just my experience.

Be warm and safe,

Neil

My recent experience with Scope'n'skies.

I ordered 4 items on 7th Oct. I emailed enquiring where the items were a week later - no response. I phoned up 2 further days later and was advised that they were just getting to my order.

I assumed that this meant it was on its way soon thereafter...

However yesterday (22nd October) I received an email to say that it had been despatched. It has taken 15 days to send out and I now have to wait a number of days for it to be delivered.

Additionally, I received a refund of £5 via Paypal. However I don't know if this is a good will gesture or whether one of my items has not being sent, as they have not communicated anything about this to me.

Until the order arrives I won't know what if anything is missing. At which point I will then have to place another order somewhere else...

• 4 months later...

In October last year I ordered spent £525 with Scope n Skies on a telescope. Upon arrival it was found to be faulty and I returned the scope. Despite many calls scope n skies have still not refunded me the money and give me the run around on a daily basis. They do not return calls and I have been desperately trying to find out who I should contact regarding legal action.

Scope and skies are saying that the purchase was from the astronomy and nature centre and they are no longer trading and went into liquidation at the end of last year. All my emails and receipts say the scope was purchased from scope n skies. I have therefore lost my money and will now have to take legal action.

The warning is anyone who purchased from scope n skies last year I suggest you should contact them to check on the status of any warranty or guarantee as if they decide you purchased from astronomy and nature centre then it will not be honoured.

I would also be wary of any further purchase form them unless you are clear who the company is supplying the equipment and that you have confirmed details guarantees and returns procedures.

• 4 weeks later...

Order placed Wed 20th March during the day, by web, for a stock item.

Email acknowledgement received almost immediately.

Card payment showing on my account by Sun 24th March.

The supplier states (in order acknowledgements) that payment is not taken until the order is ready to ship.

Item shipped (package postmark) Sat 30th March.

Item delivered Thurs 4th April.

A contributory factor in the long postal time is the Easter weekend.

I offer no explanation for the long time between order and shipping.

Apart from the order acknowledgement, there was no other communication from the supplier.

It's my second order from them. First time it took 2 weeks for them to process my payment following 2 calls. Now, it's been a week since I placed an order on Astro Boot...even though I called them right away after I placed the order. They said it's gone through and ready for dispatch...so far nothing!!

I might not be fair here...but this is my experience with them. Ah, and yes...they never answer emails regarding any products. I'm just hoping other people have a better experience than me.

Archived