Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scopes 'n' Skies

Demonperformer

Scopes ' N ' Skies bad vibe.. sorry.

Ordered 2 items from scopesnskies Sunday night on fast delivery (extra cash)..

Got no correspondence for 4 days then partial refund on one part making the whole job useless.. bit annoyed as I'd made some mods pending the arrival.

Promised a full refund but yet nothing .... :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great service. Ordered some tube rings and bits from Astroboot late Sunday night. Delivered Wednesday. Tube rings too small - my mistake. Returned for a refund and new rings ordered Weds pm. New rings (perfect fit!) received Thursday.

Not bad at all!

TheThing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of hit and miss reviews about this company but decided to give them a try after finding a Red Dot Finder I was after (switches itself off automatically after 20 secs, to save battery life... We've all left them on for days accidently, haven't we? ;) )

Paid by Paypal on monday and got the acknowledgement email. 9am Tuesday and the posties at the door with my RDF. Quality!

Unfortunately, the finder had a problem (switch worked intermittently) so I sent it back the same day for a replacement, as I really like the finder. Wednesday I get the posted acknowledgement email and today (Thurs) I get a replacement RDF at 9am. (This one works fine)

Two finders in 4 days is good service in my book.

Thanks ScopesnSkies! :)

I've ordered stuff from various UK suppliers and have been pleased without having to post here.

Recently, Scopes n Skies managed to send wrong items and I contacted them and returned the items. I got a personal call and discussed what I should have gotten with the result I received correct items next day and with a compensatory discount.

One great thing is the phone text message saying when the courier arrives, and they do withing the first quarter of the hour!

Purchased a heavy-duty trigger-operated B&S head from AstroBoot. Order was completed just before 13:00 on 22 Nov. It was acknowledged less than an hour and a half later, and an email sent at 18:00 that day informed me that it had been dispatched.

A delivery attempt was made on the 24th while I was out; I collected the item from the sorting office on the 25th. Very well packaged, and exactly as described except that it had an unexpected spare QR plate.

I have bought most of my astro equipment from Scopes ‘n’ Skies with a few minor problems which were quickly resolved.

However I am trying to get a refund on a faulty green laser pointer worth £19.50 they replaced it for me 3 times and each one was faulty. I have now asked for a refund which they agreed to. They sent me a cheque for £15 and after many emails asking why just £15 they eventually said due to the amount of time I had it and they couldn’t find anything wrong with it they had made a deduction of £4.50.

I have now asked them for the balance of £4.50 plus 3 return postage cost of £1.50 each. My emails are now being ignored so I am now going to contact there managing director to get this problem resolved.

I know Scopes 'n' Skies don't always get the best press, but I made an order by email on Sunday night, got confirmation on Monday morning. Another email the same day saying that it had been dispatched and it arrived today (Tuesday).

I reckon that is great service:hello2:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to comment on how good the customer service has been at scope and skies. I feel like it's every time I place an order there is some thing or other that I want to change and customer services are always understanding and helpful to make the adjustments despite it becoming a habit of mine.

Thank you Scope'n'skies customer service for being so patient :icon_salut:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick review of my service from Scopes n Skies.

I've now ordered twice from them.

The first time involved ordering a 2 x barlow which according to their website (and email correspondence) was in stock and available for immediate dispatch.

However, the barlow took three weeks to arrive due to "supply difficulties" and took a lot of emails to finally take delivery.

Move onto my second purchase, this time a 4 x imagemate and the story was completely different.

I emailed to confirm stock availability on the 27th December assuming nobody back until new year. Had a reply on the 28th confirming availability and placed an order the same day.

The item was dispatched on 29th December.

Given the extra bank holiday here in Scotland, I expected delivery tomorrow.......but the item has just been delivered today !

So on that basis, I now have to give the company praise for the service that I have received. I still believe having read other posts that they can be as the title of this thread, "hot n cold", but perhaps things have changed ?

Anyway, that's my current experience of this company.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is going against the grain. I have read all poor the reviews that have been posted about Scopes and Skies - i have even suffered at their hands.

However, I ordered a 2" Max DSLR Camera adaptor on Wednesday 11th at 1400hrs, it was delivered Thursday 12th at 1330hrs.

That is good going by anyones standards.

Regards,

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

As instructed by a moderator, posting below to be merged if and when approved.

Please do not edit without prior consultation with me.

Ant: SGL reserves the right to edit ANY post made on SGL - without consultation if it doesn't conform with the posting guidlines.

25 January 2012 01:28:56 about to click on proceed button.

Time stamped Screen grab made, documenting the development.

25 January 2012 01:29:13 Website says order sucessfully placed.

date: 25 January 2012 02:55

E-mail arrives from Scopes'n'skies

subject: Scopes'n'skies - Order confirmation: (xxxxxxxxxxx)

Relevant points in content:

Thank you for your order, it will be processed shortly. Please note we will only charge your card once your order is ready to ship.

date: 25 January 2012 20:05

Checked web site, used tracking number, response was: your order is currently being processed but we have no further delivery information at this time. Please check later.

date: 26 January 2012 12:10

Checked web site, used tracking number, response was: your order is currently being processed but we have no further delivery information at this time. Please check later.

date: 27 January 2012 01:56

date: 27 January 2012 11:58

date: 30 January 2012 15:35

date: 30 January 2012

Checked with bank:

Payment PreAuth taken on 25th completed on 27th

Checked web site and goods were no longer being offered for sale.

date: 30 January 2012

I phoned S'n'S using number provided in the initial order confirmation. I was presented with 3 choices on phone system.

I made a total of 3 phone calls and not one of the 3 options on offer by the system lead to a phone being picked up.

So, apparently E-mail is now the only remaining option to try. Perhaps slower but it will actully arrive, to be dealt with.

Email sent to scopesnskies.com

date: 30 January 2012 15:52

subject: Order number (xxxxxxxxxxx)

Noted that by the 27th even my bank had mentioned the payment, from 25th, had been taken.

Noted I had heard nothing from vendor.

Asked what was going on with the order.

email reply arrives from astronomyandnature.com

date: 31 January 2012 08:51

I am sorry your astro boot order has not left us yet, I will chase it up today with despatch

Email reply sent to astronomyandnature.com

date: 31 January 2012 09:14

subject: Re: Order number xxxxxxxxxxx

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 I would like to cancel the order (Order number xxxxxxxxxxx) and request that you provide a full refund within 30 days.

Please confirm in writing when this has been done.

email arrived from astronomyandnature.com

date: 31 January 2012 10:28

subject: RE: Order number xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email

Order has been cancelled for you. refund will be done shortly

email reply sent to astronomyandnature.com

date: 3 February 2012 10:41

subject: Re: Order number xxxxxxxxxxx

Order number xxxxxxxxxxx:

stated Astonishingly, even this has failed to happen.

stated I will monitor this over the weekend.

stated I will consider whether or not to place this matter into other hands on Monday, 6th February 2012.

email arrived from astronomyandnature.com

date: 3 February 2012 14:25

Thank you for your email

Order has been cancelled I will chase up the refund for you.

date: 3 February 2012 19:45:10

Checked web site.

goods had been put back up for sale.

sent e-mail to astronomyandnature.com

date: 6 February 2012 11:11

stated I've been checking with my bank over the last 3 days or more; there is no sign of you having refunded this amount. Please do so.

No further developments at this time.

To recap, they said they would not take payment until ready to ship.

They took pre auth almost immediately, which is fine.

They concluded the pre auth (taking payment) but did not ship, which is not fine.

Quite a alot of promise, none of which has been delivered upon.

Does not appear to be entirely wonderful.

All emails I sent were aditionally sent 'bcc' to other accounts to verify the send was capable of being correct and successful, given a working mail server at other end.

Minimal requirement really, but probably worth at least checking it in that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I reasoned that, if something is advertised for sale in AstroBoot, it must at least be in stock. How wrong I was! In summary, my reasons for dissatisfaction are:

• Despite what they say, they did charge my credit card before the order was ready to ship.
  • They sold me, and took payment for, an item that they now say they had already sold to someone else.
  • They don't offer a geographic phone number for contact.
  • They offered to fulfill my order if I paid an extra £10.
  • The promised refund is, at best, slow, and was certainly not immediate.

The detail:

09 Feb: Placed order for a 2" Diagonal and adaptor.

09 Feb: Email from Scopes'n'Skies confirming the order and stating: "we will only charge your card once your order is ready to ship"

09 Feb: Scopes'n'Skies charge my credit card.

13 Feb: I email Scopes'n'Skies to enquire about my order, which their tracking system said was "currently being processed"

14 Feb: Email from Astronomy and Nature Centre, saying that things were delayed by AstroFest and that it would be "sorted out this week".

18 Feb: I email them, informing them that it still has not arrived, pointing out that they had taken payment despite saying that they would not do so until the item was "ready to ship" and asking again when they intended to dispatch it.

18 Feb: I notice that their "Contact Us" page states "we cannot guarantee a prompt reply to e-mails. For a prompt response to your query, please phone us on 0845 634 9192". I note that this is a number that will be charged if I use my mobile, so I instead use their "geographic" number: 01353 664763. I am informed that they had already sold, to someone else, the diagonal that they sold to me but, if I paid an extra £10, they would send me one. I thought this was outrageous, so I told them to cancel the order completely and to refund my credit card immediately.

18 Feb: I check my credit card balance on line and find that it has not been credited. I email them to tell them of this and ask that it is immediately refunded. She insists that she has done so.

20 Feb: I check my credit card balance on line and find that it has still not been credited. I phone my Credit Card company just in case it has been received but is not yet showing on my online transaction list. It is confirmed that it has not been received.

• 3 weeks later...

I know many have had their fair share of hassle with Scopes n Skies, but I thought I would share my recent experience.

I have never used them before, but you know how it goes sometimes you can only get some items form one place or another.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and ordered a Quartz diagonal and a small RDF.

I didn't hear anything for about three days, so called but no answer. I then dropped them a polite email to enquire to the status of my order.

I had a response within 12hrs from Tina, that one of the items were not in stock, and the other was on back order. She offered to split the order for me and my item duly arrived the next day.

Anyway, a fairly good experience from my point of view, and at present would consider using them again.

• 2 weeks later...

i ordered a 10 inch mirror set on the 12th and arrived on the 19th a little over a week. so on opening the box i discovered a broken secondary ;) after trying to contact them all day yesterday i was getting more and more frustrated, decided to ring them today and managed to talk to a nice chap. unfortunately they never had a replacement to send me and i really wanted this set really bad and it is still usable (just me being a fussy get)so after a talk and being offered a full refund if i returned the mirror set or a part refund if i kept the broken secondary we settled on them sending me a telrad instead. great after sales service and 1 very happy customer who will be using them again! Thanks guys

post-18942-133877750136_thumb.jpg

post-18942-133877750144_thumb.jpg

I ordered a couple of parts over 2 weeks ago. Nothing had arrived after about 10 days. It was incredibly hard to get through on the phone. I only managed to get through on the second day of trying. I was told it would be looked into. I sent an email and it was replied to fairly quick. It was dispatched the next day and they claimed stock issues. The woman on the phone was great and very friendly. They just need an improvement in communication and speed of sorting orders out.

I placed an order for 3 items with Scopes n Skies 2 weeks ago, was assured that 2 of the items were in stock and would leave on tuesday for delivery, didnt recieve anything so tried to contact them on friday, no response via email/telephone.

The following monday had an email asking if i would like the 2 items in stock to go out, followed by the 3rd when back in stock (bewildered as i was i called them) and asked why i was told that the items were sent the previous week, "was this a lie?" i asked, only to get the response "we dont lie"

But anyway, i recieved 2 items at the beginning of this week, 2 weeks after my order was placed (all items were labelled as in stock on the website)

I am still waiting my 3rd item.

ive palced four orderes with scopes'n'skies now...

first order which was before id even bought a scope, was ordered on thursday evening, posted friday and recieved by recorded delivery on saturday morning.. really cant fault the service at all

second order, ended up waiting a couple of weeks for my order as one part wasnt in stock as was shown on the website. i only knew of this after i had emailed to find out what was happening with the order.. eventually after i think almost three weeks i got my bits

third order... not sure why after i had had my issue previously and after i had heard others reviews but i ordered again and due to their website not being clear on the process involved in getting the free case when you buy four filters i ended up getting charged for the case.. no big deal but after my email sking why id been charged they told me there was no record of the order, even though id given them the order details.. that day we had quite a few emails abck and forth before the matter was sorted.

fourth order.. why oh why did i order again! i ordered two items. the despatch email wasquite a few days coming throough but before i got it i got a paypal refund email... i have no idea why but they sent one item and refunded the other.. no mention as to why.. just gave my money back.. if there was a stock issue then fair enough i wouldnt mind but it would have been nice to have a small email explaining

as they say you live and learn...

I know that S&S often get a bad press, but I have always found them very helpful.

Went to get a mounting shoe for a finderscope (last Friday) and it didn't have a hole the right size. No problem they bored it out there and then and provided an Allen head screw.

No extra cost.

Now I call that good service.:icon_salut:

Second time ordering from them.

First time I had no issues, items arrived on time.

Made my second order on the 2nd, had an email about it being dispatched yesterday and it arrived today (4th).

Very good service and will definitely be going back :icon_salut:

Ordered a new shoe and dove tail support for a MRF and must say how impressed I am with their service. James phoned twice and left messages, once even explaining the issue to my 9 year old son, twice. He identified the MRF needed a different dove tail changed the order and even reduced the price to match my original order. Great service couldn't be more helpful.

Ordered a part supposedly in stock from Scopes'n'Skies last week and paid for 48 hour delivery. After a week it still hadn't arrived and I had no messages from them.

Actually managed to get through to them on the phone this afternoon :) only to be told that they were out of stock and weren't sure exactly when they would have it back in stock, but probably in a few weeks.

Question ?

Why the "heck" couldn't they have bothered to let me know before this and why did I have to be the one to contact them for an update.

Arrrrrgh !!!

John

As you can guess from the title this isnt a good un.

Ordered a zoom ep and light pollution filter 10 days ago. I phoned after 3 days to see if it had been dispatched yet and actualy chuckled when the phone was answered by the legendary huffy lady. She huffed and puffed and eventualy told me that my items were due to be dispatched that day and signed off with a sigh.

So fast forward 7 days after allowing for the post to catch up after easter I phoned again. This time a bloke answered and was very polite. He politely told me about the stock discrepencey and politely told me that it will be at least another week before they receive the ep. I rather unpolitely told him that this wasnt acceptable especialy as huffy lady had already informed me that my items were good to go. He again appologised politely. I asked why they accept payments for stock they dont have. He politely said that the payment system was automatic and they dont have any control over recieving payments. I then asked why I hadnt had any notification of stock shortages or delays to orders to which he politely but with a bad turn of acting tried to act suprised that I hadnt been informed. I told him that I had researched the company online and that I wasnt in the least bit suprised owing to the reviews I had read and admitted I was hesitant in placing an order with them but thought that surely they cant be as bad as that all the time. He politely never said anything.

I decided the conversation had nowhere to go from there so said that they had 1 week or I shall be expecting a full refund.

Bottom line is its my own fault, I had read the comments on here and elsewhere and still placed an order. That will never happen again.

Order part on 10 April, phoned 5 days later, is to be posted that night - still not arrived today the 18 April.

Ordered another part on the 12 April, phoned today it is in the post today - not holding my breath.

TBH I would not employ the woman who I spoke to today if I was in business, some people seem to forget that without customers they would not have a job. The gentleman I spoke to on the first call was good, but still no part.

EDIT:

19/04/12 First order arrived today.

I then had a phone call from them about the second, saying it would be sent today, that was what I was told yesterday. They also said they would include a free book as a gesture of good will.

Fingers are now crossed that it will get posted to-day.

ordered a few items off their "astroboot" section

mirror

secondary

and 2 parafocal rings

i placed the order on the 12th april

hadnt heared anything by the 17th so i sent a email off at 13:22

received a reply at 13:36 saying it was going to be sent that day

at 16:30 received the disbatch email

on the 18th the items arrived, royal mail recorded so pretty good in my experience

Archived