SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scopes 'n' Skies

Demonperformer

Whoo hoo !:) Good ol' Astroboot, bought an Intes Micro dewshield for my Mak. I was expecting something close to their description -ie scuffed and a bit grubby but in full working condition, I was also expecting it to be a 3rd party after market jobby too.

Well, well done S'n'S 's for delivering a perfect cond. genuine Intes baffled dewshield in perfect nik !!

for a tenner !! :D chuffed or wot ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent !!

I saw the Intes dewshield on there and sprayed the screen when I saw the price! When I got one for my M500 some years back, it cost me a fortune.

I do love astroboot. Great stuff for projects.

Cheers,

Andy.

I'm thinking one of those 80mm scope baffles for a fiver might just make a good dewshield for my finderguider ? It'll just need cutting down abit :D

Genuine Intes dewshield for a tenner !!

Sorry just had to say it again !! :p

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Now I know this lot are much maligned but on Monday evening I ordered a bit from them and it arrived today (Wed).

Only tend to order small stuff from time to time as they seem to have various adapters that others don't always stock, but so far no complaints from me.

Geoff

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Max DSLR 2" camera adaptor from SnS because FLO were out of stock of these. Phoned to check they were definitely in stock, was told they were and I should expect 3-5 days for delivery. I placed the order Wed 5th and the adaptor arrived safe and sound on Friday 7th. Can't ask for much better service than that.

Rik

• 1 month later...

I've seen a few posts slating the service from S & S and replied to some saying that personally, I've never had a problem.

Sunday 6 Feb., I ordered a modest pair of binoculars (for wildlife, not astro). Received an email yesterday saying they were shipped and 1100h today, they arrived.

Credit where it is due.

• 3 weeks later...

Had great service from this retailer. A few days ago I placed a order with them and had not heard from them. So today I sent a email enquiry about the order. They replied very quickly in less than half hour. They informed me that the item was out of stock, so they would upgrade me to a more expensive item, but at no extra cost . :(:)

Here is my review of my experiences of scopes n skies.

Over the past year i have bought many items from scopes n skies with no problem at all. The items have been of good quality, the delivery has been very quick and you used to be able to get a good bargain from their astro boot.

So everything was rosey until you need to send something back. I bought a polar scope for my EQ3-2 for £29.99 about a month or so ago from scopes n skies but found out that because my mount was an older version of the EQ3-2 the polar scope did not fit. I phoned scopes n skies and was told to that their technical person was with a customer and will phone me back. No phonecall for the rest of the day. I tried to phone the next day and no one would answer the phone. I tried again on the third day and only managed to get through near closing time, spoke to the technical guy who went through measurements and things with me and eventually gave me a returns number to send it back and told me to print out the returns forms from their website.

So i sent the item back undamaged and by recorded delivery (cost £2.50) as requested on the forms and waited for the refund.

I received an email a couple of weeks later saying i have been refunded £26.99. I tried to phone them, eventually got through late in the day, and asked them why i have been only refunded 26.99 and not 29.99 and they said it was a restocking fee, i said i was not told about this and wanted to speak to a manager. They said the manager was busy and will call me back. No return call. I checked the website terms and conditions, returns form and invoice and nothing mentioned about a restocking fee. I phoned the next day and no one was answering phones again. I managed to get through after many attempts on the third day and was told it was a restocking fee again so i said there is nothing mentioned about this in the terms and conditions, returns form or told about this and wanted to speak with the manager (who was supposed to call me back), i was told to hold on and the phone went a little quite but i could hear whispers but they came back to me and said they will refund the restocking fee.

The money was not the problem it was the principle and scopes n skies should make it clear to customers that there is a restocking charge for returned items and as for customer service, well this was very poor.

Hi All,

Ok where to start....?

FLO

Good Service from FLO if only I was as organised I would have done my bit for FLO by now. I was after a dew shield and spent days harrassing Martin at FLO with all my questions on Dew Shields (sad I know). Martin was a great help and I like the email/web ticketing system that they use. I got loads of good advice which led to me using them. Ordered and Items arrived a few days later. Thanks Guys :D

Harrison Telescopes / Telescope House

Another great supplier with good prices. I have ordered 5 or 6 times from Harrison and had great service everytime. Sometimes they don't have the item so it comes from Telescope House but either way my items arrives in a day or two. I also like the Paypal payments :p

Opticstar

Again I had great service and mega prompt replies to my emails. 1:30am Sunday Night / Monday morning for one reply. Peter was very helpful. I ordered my scope and it arrived next day. Spot on :(

Scopes 'n Skies

I only ordered a couple of small items as they were the only place I can get them. Took about a week for them to send out but I got them and they were exactly what I was after. I have read some people have had issues with them but my experience was ok and I would use them again as I want some more Bolt Cases.

Stockport Binoculars and Telescope Centre

I got an Eyepiece and Barlow from their Ebay store fantastic saved £25 over their website price so was exstatic. Items were sent promptly and I will definatly use again as was a really smooth transaction and great price.

Thats about it for now.

I guess I have been really lucky and had good experiences with all the suppliers that I chose to use. The revies on here really helped me aswell.

Clear Skies!

Fija

• 2 months later...

ScopeNSkies.com is where I ordered from, but all 3 companies are related (same contact number and billing comes from Astronomy and Nature).

I ordered this set of 7 GSO eyepieces and accessories last Friday evening for the absolute bargain price of £91 with free delivery:

ScopeTeknix 7 part Photo-Visual eyepiece and accessory kit by GSO

On Wednesday I hadn't received a dispatch note so I called to find out what the hold up was (which I think is reasonable, you should never assume an item is posted until you see the dispatch email). The 20mm and 32mm digi scope eyepieces were out of stock. They suggested a 40mm digi scope instead (fine) and a 20mm SkyWatcher SP:

Sky-Watcher Sky-Watcher SP-Series Super Plossl Eyepieces

It was this, or wait for items to restock, so I decided not to wait and take the replacements, as the set was a bargain anyway.

This morning, Thursday, the items arrived! Free next day delivery!

I haven't tried the eyepieces out yet, but I inspected them all and they're spot on. See the following thread for more info on the set I received:

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/143655-gso-eyepieces-bargain-false-economy.html

In summary, very happy. Yes it would have been nice to be proactively contacted regarding the stocking problem, but I should have enquired about stocking levels before ordering. As it is, I have a fantastic set of eyepieces

Boz

PS, I had to start a new thread for this company, as the previous one was closed. Apologies if I broke protocol!

Ordered the 20x80 Revelation bins on Astroboot online just after lunch on Friday 3rd; got the standard e-mail automated response about card not being debited until the item was ready for dispatch. Got another e-mail from them at 16:50 to say the bins had been dispatched; SMS and e-mail from the delivery company this morning (Monday 6th) to say they would be here between 13:00 and 14:00; 13:39 they arrived. Effectively next day delivery for about a pound. I was expecting them to be obviously second hand but there are no blemishes at all that I can see and all parts (lens covers, mount adaptor, lens cloth, carry case) came properly wrapped with foam packing as new.

Also, I wasn't too sure about a couple of things with the bins so I called SnS before ordering - very helpful chap told me everything I needed to know there and then.

All told, excellent service and great price - well done SnS & Astroboot.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3 June I placed an order, on the 7 June they took according to my bank statement.

I tried ringing them all day yesterday 20 June, no got a recording giving their opening hours, then a message saying that my call was important to them and was then cut off!

Finally after hanging on the telephone line for nearly 2 mins I got through - success, well not quite.

I was told that part of my order was out of stock, I then asked what would have happened if I had not rung them? After further questioning I was then told it was dis-continued and I could have a refund of it's cost. Why did they not do this when I placed my order?

It also states on their web site that they will not charge your credit card until the send the stuff, rubbish I was charged on the 7 June according to my bank statement.

I would suggest that avoid ordering from them.

I am now waiting for one of their staff to ring me back, it has already been 20 mins, so I am not expecting a call.

Much to others who have problems, I order some R G B filters and a nosepiece off Astroboot Monday afternoon and they arrived today (Wednesday) first thing. I was expecting at least 5 days for post as it was free but really glad they turned up today.

• 3 weeks later...

Scopes n skies deliver again!

First order was a skywatcher red dot finder and AE Afocal camera rig, second order a meade 4000 2x barlow for a tenner. Both well packed in great time.

As much bad press these guys get sometimes , there service with me has been great!.

I cant comment on exspensive items , but if its under £20 quid they are well worth using.

• 1 month later...

When my HEQ5 counterweight extension shaft arrived without air blower (from astro boot), I informed them by email and they sent one through. What more could I ask for? :smiley:

---

- Sent from my mobile using TapaTalk (so please excuse bad grammar & spelling!) :-)

• 5 weeks later...

While there are often mixed reviews across the internet when it comes to Scope and skies I thought I would give my own 2p worth on recent dealings with them. Anyone dealing with S'N'S will know that contacting them by phone can sometimes turn into a tedious wait for an answer. This must have now been addressed as my calls were answered promptly and the staff were very helpful both during my order and dealing with after sales support when emailing. Other than the order was delayed a little due to a fault being found. I was glad to hear they were able to find this problem their end to save me the hassles of returning items and all the rest of those nightmare moments we hate having to deal with during the lottery of mail ordering. Overall their service has been very good. When the items were dispatched both the date and times were given to save me a day wasted sat looking out of the window. When items were found to be missing the after sales customer service seen the replacements delivered quickly.

Just received my new scope from Scope n Skies and I have to praise them for their top customer service.

Initially, I had a couple of questions which were answered within the hour and the responses were of good quality. The order itself went very smoothly; even the fraud check, due to the fact I work in the Netherlands and used my Dutch Credit Card but wanted delivery to an English postal address. In all, it was quickly and professionally done. Time of order until delivery was 4 days. ( I chose the free delivery option ).

Rgds,

Ed

Placed an internet order (Supreme 5x photovisual Barlow lens @ £89.99) with Scopes'n'skies on 4 September 2011.

There was no mention on the website that the product was out of stock.

Received a confirmation e-mail back the same day stating they had received my order, which would be processed shortly and they would only debit my card when my order was ready to ship.

They debited my card for the full amount on 6 September 2011.

By 12 September, I had not received the lens so rang them up and was told it was out of stock, but they would be receiving some on 14 September.

I told the lady it was a birthday present and I needed it by 16 September and she assured me I would receive it by then.

It did not arrive on the 16, so I rang them again the next day, but there was no answer.

I tried again on 19 September and was told they had only just got them in and would be sending them out soon.

I asked the lady to check when I could expect it to be delivered, and she returned to tell me, that they had not received them yet but were expecting them soon.

I cancelled the order and asked for a refund.

So much for a good service.

Graham

Archived