SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scopes 'n' Skies

Demonperformer

Gotta say that I am well impressed with their service.

I literally spent pennies on my last Astroboot order but, recieved customer service worthy of way more!

I ordered a spotting scope (amongst other things) but received a call the next day to say that it was not available! So there and then offered a different coloured replacement at the same price/spec and, the guy there modified it for me to get better results!:)

So yeah, really good service and I think that they deserve a fair go!

I will be using them again, and soon.

Brendan - a happy bunny! :D:D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing but praise for this company. They really seem to have turned themselves around.

I've ordered a couple of bits from the Astroboot section and they have been exactly as described and supplied in very good time. Communication has been excellent.

In addition, I posted a wanted on Astro Buy Sell and Richard from Scopes 'n' Skies went out of his way to help me find what I needed, personally e-mailing me details of items that would help. He even sent me links to competitor's websites if they didn't have then.

I've also bought some full price items from the main web pages and again, these have been very promptly delivered, with good communications and at good prices.

All in all, very satisifed with them and would happily recommend them/

Just ordered and received half a dozen things from ScopenSkies.

I agree that they seem to have turned themselves around - which is great to see.

My package arrived about 5 days after ordering, which included a weekend, so pretty good.

Lets hope that they continue like this...

Ant

Hi all , Just thought i would praise SnS for great service.

I have ordered a fair few things from them in the last couple of wks(astroboot is so addictive:)) and i must say i cant fault them.

Each time i have bought something i have received the items within a couple of days.

This has not always been the case with these guys so its nice to see things have changed for the good.

Keep up the good work guys!:):icon_salut:

Daz

• 2 weeks later...

Now I know they are often maligned but I ordered a low profile adapter for the Toucam on Saturday evening and it arrived in the post this morning which is pretty good service given the weekend and so on.

Not the most expensive item but it wasn't available elsewhere so they are worth an honourable mention.

Geoff

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being excellent) I have just had a possible `0` for customer service from scopes n skies -

Ordered from their site a 5x Barlow, it showed as In Stock (believing that was my first mistake)

I paid extra for 48hr delivery on the Sunday, so expected it to be delivered on the Wednesday

I got a call from S&S on the Monday to say that the one I had ordered was Out of Stock and would I accept an upgrade to a better spec, I agreed and was told they would post out that day.

Wednesday came and went, no delivery.

I contacted S&S and they confirmed that my item had not been sent out! they assured me they would send it out for next day delivery.

Thursday came and went, no delivery

I contacted S&S again (bit of a theme building here) they assured me that they would send it out by next day delivery, I said I wanted a refund of the postage as I had paid for 48hr delivery, they sai they would issue a refund.

Now I received my Barlow on Saturday (6 days after ordering) but to date, despite several emails to S&S I have not received my refund.

I had to do all the chasing, they failed to communicate effectively, and now they are witholding my money.

Will I ever shop with them again?? No

Mark

Well, I am having problems with the above company.

I ordered a focal reducer from them on 11th June, the part was in stock so next day delivery was Monday, email received saying part not in stock, yet the website still shows it was?

I waited a day or two, told them if they had another reducer i would reconsider, no response.

Now when i email them the only response is.. the parts are in stock we have not cancelled your order as we would like to discuss it with you.

I dont want to discuss it, i wanted the part delivered as promised when ordered.

I have now sent 3 emails demanding that they cancel the order and return my money, and i just get the above email response again. As I paid via paypal the money left my account immediately and they suggest i waste my time phoning to hear their excuses?

If I order online i expect to conduct the business online, and failing to answer my very clear instructions is an absolute disgrace.

I have demanded the order be cancelled and if this is not done i will open up a dispute via paypal and get them to get the money back.

I would say to anyone ordering from SnS, don't bother. Their website is inaccurate on stocking levels and they seem not to be able to read or answer any emails you send.

Avoid like the plague!

There has been a lot of name calling with this particular retailer and why I don't for a moment doubt the negative reviews elsewhere on this forum, I thought I would just balance those out a little with a more positive note.

I ordered an SCT low profile T adapter on Sunday 13th June 2010 from the Astro Boot area of their web site. The web site stated it was in stock and I paid through Pay Pal. An automatic e-mail confirmed receipt of my order the same evening. On Wednesday 16th June I had an e-mail to say the item had been despatched. On the morning of Thursday 17th June it duly arrived. Can't say fairer than that!

I bought the EQ6 Pro mount I used to have, prior to selling on to a forum member, from SkopeNSkies too and had no problems there either with good communication by both e-mail and 'phone.

Just my view.

Brinders

I ordered a 2" metal dust plug from Scopes'N'Skies. It was despatched the next day and arrived the day after (free delivery too). The plug was good quality and good value for money. I'm happy with the service I received and Would buy from Scopes'N'Skies again.

I ordered a finder bracket from their astoboot section (as there are lots of good reviews about this astrobootthingy) and it arrived 2 days later, so good service.

After having ordered a number of items from them with different levels of Customer satisfaction I am clear the following prevails.

You order and if the item is in stock you will not have a problem.

However if the item isn't in stock then you get real grief, the website is inaccurate, so it seems, to correct stock levels - as is phoning them (my experience) to be told directly it is in stock when it isn't!!

So buyer beware! - the astro boot seems to have the only accurate stock levels showing on the site.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went to Scopes N Skies shop near ely. I must say that this is the forth time i have been there now and the service is truly exceptional. the staff are very welcoming and really know their stuff. I have found that they are very good at selling you what is good rather than what is expensive.

I today purchased a Zoom Eyepiece for my wife and kids to use and was offered a selection to try. I walked away with the cheapest one (did i mention it was for the wife and kids :eek:).

They also helped me with some collimation problems. I would certainly go back.

• 3 weeks later...

Order placed on Thursday afternoon with free postage.

Email Friday morning saying items dispatched.

Arrived Monday morning.

I know they had some bad press in the past, but they seem to be under promising and over delivering at the moment. Would definitely use them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a Rigel 30mm 1.25" extender from the Pulsar Optical website, it was listed as in stock which you expect to mean the item you want and not an alternative.

Arrived 2 days later but when I opened it I discovered I had been sent a different item instead, A 35mm Astro Engineering extension which to me looked like a barlow without the lens in. Apart from being the wrong length the replacement also lacked a compression ring fitting which the Rigel had and instead a plain old thumb screw.

So I called them up the next day to arrange returns and promptly posted the item back via the recommended recorded delivery which set me back £2.50 but they did say they would refund the cost.

Item got to them after the weekend and I received a call from the astronomy and nature centre to explain to me why I was sent the item in the first place. It was because the Rigel model wasn't stock (why wasn't I told about this when I ordered?!) so they sent me the AE extension as a replacement without first consulting with me which annoys me greatly.

And they went to offer me a similar item to which I said no as I had come up with my own solution to get by without a purpose made extension.

So a refund is given via bank credit but they forget to refund the postage so I e-mail them to ask why and they reply saying that the money will be refunded.

And here I am today having received a cheque for £2.50 :|

Why couldn't they have just put the money in via bank transfer instead which would've been simpler and easier and would've saved me going into the bank to cash it in?

Overall Below average to fair service from the astronomy and nature centre, I think their communication could be vastly improved upon, a call would have been nice to say the item I ordered wasn't in stock.

Is this kind of service the norm from them or should I expect better?

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen a lot of bad feedback on the thread for them. However, I am assuming that is all due to past problems as over the last 4 months I have ordered loads of bits from them.

This includes their main store and their Astroboot area and ranges from random small purchases such as spare parts and filters up to eyepieces, flight cases and binoculars.

All have been delivered within two working days each time and nothing has gone wrong at any point. Very impressed with them and I will be using again.

Ordered an OTA from the "Bargain Zone" section on Weds 8th Sept at 22.20.

Received confirmation of order first thing Thurs 9th and a further email at 16.35 same day confirming order dispatched with tracking number.

I checked the DPD courier site with tracking number on 10th at 9.00am and it read delivery estimated time between 12.32 and 13.32 on the 10th.

I thought "yeah right".

Sure enough it was delivered to my work address at 12.50 :blob10::eek:.

What more can I say, bargain price, free delivery, 3 month warranty, excellent tracking info = one very happy customer.

Paul

I purchased a 4 filters from Scopes 'n' Skies on Saturday the 4th of September. Waited until Thursday 9th until i contacted them to find out if the item had been sent.

Received a reply on the 10th (yesterday) after the postman had been.

They said that it can take up to 5 working days for it to be delivered (which it had been).

I then followed this up, stating that it had been 5 working days, only to receive an automated email saying that my items had just been dispatched, followed by an email from them saying that it had just been sent.

I then asked why it had taken them a week to send these items, and they replied stating that they were understaffed due to holidays and sickness. :D

Whereas, i ordered a Baader filter from FLO on Thursday using the same delivery method. Received this yesterday (1 day turn around).

Won't be using Scopes 'n' Skies again, that's for sure. :eek:

(BTW. Still awaiting the items)

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order with sns about 10.00am yesterday and it had arrived by 9.30am today. Which isn't bad considering I chose free postage (royal mail) and it said (on their website) that it'd take 2-3 days.

I know lots of people have had bad experiences with them but, going by most of my purchases off them, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to build some guidescope rings for a finder guider. I wanted to attch some rings:

Finder%20ring-rack%201%20141.jpg

I asked for one of these metal synta finder dovetail mounts, as pictured on their website, which I was going to "bodge":

QR%20ped%201%20261.jpg

I got one of these plastic bits (without the RDF) which is completely useless:

GSO%20MRF%200027%201%20141.jpg

The rings were also broken - I blame the delivery company for that.

To their credit, they have said they will send me a refund. We will see what happens. Postage appears to be at my expense.

Wanted an RDF, so looked at some site and found the 20/10 RDF at Scope N Skies priced at £22.99, then found one for £10 in their Astroboot section for a £10 because of a faulty label. Bargain.

Whilst in the Astroboot section I also got a ND96 Moon Filter for £3, again nothing wrong with it.

I also then looked for something else as 3 items get free P&P.

I went for a 3xBarlow at £5. Got nothing to lose I though as it would give be a slightly better magnification for webcam imaging .

Paid the order via Paypal for £18 on Tuesday night at 6pm, got an email at 10pm for confirmation. Thursday I get an email saying Despatched and they all arrive this Saturday morning. Everything is great.

Well done Scope N Skies :)

Archived