Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horizon 8115 tripod

starscy

I got one last week with a pair of 25x100s, with the legs and centre piece fully extended (about 5.5 foot tall in total) its steady enough without being rock solid. The hard part of viewing near the zenith is getting my eyes in position.

I have one of these which I use with my ZS70. Fully extended (not the central pillar) it is quite stable. A bit of wobbliness comes from the head but careful adjustment of the motion clutches will provide reasonable steadiness. I think the head can be replaced if you feel flush. I only paid 50 quid for mine, so for the money it's a bargain and is perfectly adequate.

I got one last week with a pair of 25x100s, with the legs and centre piece fully extended (about 5.5 foot tall in total) its steady enough without being rock solid. The hard part of viewing near the zenith is getting my eyes in position.

slightly OT, but would be interested to know which bins you have? I have the Horizon which is fine for my smaller 15 x 70, but there seem to be conflicting views on its suitability for 25 x 100. I am particularly interested in views / comments on the Helios Quantum 4 as these are (currently) my favoured pair.

From my experience of the Horizon, it is a stable tripod and has not let me down. It gets extensive use as it used for leisure and my business.

Jon

• 1 year later...

Archived