Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Hi - Newbie from India

kuldeep

Hi,

This is Kuldeep. Fortunately, came across this wonderful place on net about Astronomy & more. :icon_eek:

I hope, I am right place where I can enjoy more stuff on Astrophysics areas and get more information and guidance from helping hands here. :)

I am yet to start my Bachelors in engineering from India, and I am passionate & eager to go for my aim in Astrophysics in later stages.. So why not to start knowing it better from today ? ;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kuldeep

Welcome to SGL.

Astronomy is partly the experimental end of astrophysics.

Only you do not perform the experiment per se..

You just observe the experiment and record the results.

One suggestion i can offer from my own experience is that you should spend extra time and effort of perfecting your maths skills at the undergraduate level.

Most of the maths in undergraduate engineering is aimed at improving the modelling and computational aspects required for engineering.

Astrophysics requires a much deeper theoretical understanding of mathematics.

So you will need to go fa outside the normal engineering syllabus to acquire skills required to help you pursue astrophysics .

Of course all this is required if your interest in the subject is beyond the popular science level.

Enjoy the quest.

Hi,

This is Kuldeep. Fortunately, came across this wonderful place on net about Astronomy & more. :rolleyes:

I hope, I am right place where I can enjoy more stuff on Astrophysics areas and get more information and guidance from helping hands here. :)

I am yet to start my Bachelors in engineering from India, and I am passionate & eager to go for my aim in Astrophysics in later stages.. So why not to start knowing it better from today ? :eek:

welcome to SGL only been here a few weeks my self ,and having fun reading all sorts of stuff hope you will as well

Doug

• 2 years later...

Archived