Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5000+ Members............What a milestone!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three reasons why I will always come back to SGL, even when I've grown tired of the other forums:

1. The self-deprecating British sense of humour. The borax can get well and truly poked here, but nobody really flies off in too much of a weepy huff. Most other forums will ban anybody who dared take the p*** out of other members. Or anybody who fails to pray to Saint Roland...

2. Cheerful British perseverance: Even with your weather and climate you're still at it! Surely there can be no greater test of character? And you passed!

3. You lot aren't fixated on shiny goodies, and are interested in much more than just taking photos of yourselves posing with ridiculously expensive toys in your dining rooms. It's why the astronomy science forums are jammed with Brits, Antipodeans and Continentals, while other forums remain deserted, save for the odd "Ullo? Anybody want to talk about spectroscopy or sumfing, ven? Ullo...?" post.

Carry on, then.

Imagine the catering tent and the queue for the loos!

Mind you, I'm sure we'd all wait politely. :(

HehHeh!. You should be Live at the Apollo Lulu.

You are a funny (HahHah.) Lady. You need a pat on the back.

Never lost your sense of humour through your tough time.

So, well done you.;)

The forum will continue to grow, because the quality of the vast majority of members are feeding it the nourishment it requires.

Ron.:p

A splendid achievement, for an excellent forum and community - long may it prosper

BUT.....

aren't we being a tiny bit premature?

Showing results 1 to 30 of 4789

Search took 0.06 seconds.

I know why the discrepancy is, the members list omits those accounts which have been suspended or deleted.

Never mind, I'm sure the big-5 target will be hit on that reckoning too, before very long. Onward and upward! ;)

Ron, you are most kind. :)

Imagine us all trying on your hat!!;)

I'm very democratic about my hats - anyone can have a go (as long as they have good hair hygiene! :icon_eek:)

A group of us at the Salisbury Star Party all swapped our hats to the left of our circle, on the hour, every hour. Very convivial.

It says a lot for the friendliness of our membership. (Smug moment :))

Archived