Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AVI-imaging on a 16" Lightbridge

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I was planning to observe the Moon and Jupiter with my 16" Lightbridge, but seeing was really awful.

I have the JMI Train-n-TRack ( TNT ) system installed on my Dobson, and it can track pretty wel for 3-4 minutes. So I decided to do some experiments with AVI-imaging using a DFK31 CCD camera.

As I experienced, setting up the correct tracking speed and making instant corrections goes very smooth with TNT, I could easily keep my target almost "frozen" in the frame. The results are not ment to show off this time, but I will post pictures as soon I have decent seeing ;).

cheers,

Janos

I'll look forward to seeing these.

I was tempted to buy a c mount and connect my Sony Digicam to my focuser, but then I haven't got the TNT so just moon and maybe planets for me.

Having TNT you should esily get 2 or 3 minute AVI's that you can then stack or just watch as a video.

Archived