Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Heart Nebula - Re Stacked & Re - Edited *Unguided*

Deneb

Hi Nadeem

You asked for criticism, so please don't be offended if I give it! The original is much smoother, shows a much greater dynamic range and show much fainter and finer detail. This reprocess has lost a lot of the faint stuff - maybe you clipped the black too far.

Also, I find the re-process unnaturally over-sharpened.

Lastly, the colour balance is quite off - the stars appear very red. The original is better, but still a bit red-heavy.

Perhaps our monitors are configured differently - that makes a big difference to the appearance - but I think processing the additional data in the same way as you did originally will make a big improvement.

Note: I'm very inexperienced at processing, so feel free to take my suggestions with a pinch of salt!!

Andrew

No - Your Right ! Your Criticsm is welcomed ! This is the only way you learn. I was working on a Laptop display, I will not do that again ! I usually work on a CRT. Even after running GX on this image I still have a problem getting rid of some blue gradient on the image, this is another rework how the original was from before, but a little more subtle, restacked & processed again :

Archived