Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Choosing a CCD Camera

narrowbandpaul

Hi Guys and Gals

I have just finished writing my document about choosing a CCD camera.

Intended to decipher the jargon, and find out the more important quantities you need to think about when spending £££K

Please have a look, let me know what you think.

I would like this to become a sticky, or whatever its called. I believe it has lots of good information, that lots can learn from.

Happy Readings

Paul

Choosing a CCD Camera.pdf

Hi Paul,

Looks interesting and I'll have a read in full when I get a few minutes.

I'd like to make that a primer - I think it's ideal as a primer. I can copy and paste into a new post (but then it would be under my name not yours).

If you would like to copy and past into a post I can move it to the primers, make it a sticky and format if needed to match your pdf.

Cheers

Ant

Our existing primers are actual posts (not attachments), so I would much prefer it like that.

But I realise that's more work - hence offering to do it for you.

I think it would be great to have the PDF as a downloadable version within the thread. That way people can download and read off line etc.

Cheers

Ant

that's an excellent summary of what goes on. The section on colour v mono was a bit brief for my taste but I realise you have to stop somewhere. given that the Bayer filter effectively destroys the resolution by a factor of four I think that is potentially more important than SNR. You can improve SNR by taking more pictures. Once your resolution (think acutance in the final print) has gone, that's it. It ain't coming back.

I shall for a long time to come associate one shot colour with cheap and cheerful.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Archived