Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ 5 weight considerations

I have the HEQ5 pro mount and i use on it the SW dob8'' OTA and also i purchased a 3.5kg to add to the two 5 kg counterweights the mount has so the leveling of the mount will be fine. since i want to add a second telescope for guiding my 8'' newt i found out that if i install a 75/700 OTA the the mount will be at its limits. in order to reduce the weight i am thinking to add an expansion rod to the counterweight rod of the mount. is this suggestion ok for my mount or? also how much weight can the HEQ5 pro lift along with the counterweights (at the SW site they don't mention that)?

thanx in advance

I thought the HEQ5Pro's limit was 14KG? Anyway I have used/images/guided with an 8" Newt and a WO ZS66 piggybacked with no problems. My current setup with the 8" SCT and ZS66 piggybacked comes in around 11KGs (I think) and again I have used this in anger with no problems (Other than guiding problems with the F10 SCT!)

Archived