Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

17mm Ethos on eBay

johninderby

Here's the link to the eyepiece, but curious thing is that the same eyepiece was listed a few weeks ago and the buyer has zero feedback in the last six months, although the buyer left feedback for the seller. Did the fist buyer not actualy pay up or something else went wrong as it seems unlikely someone would have two 17mm Ethos eyepieces to sell?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TeleVue-Ethos-17mm-telescope-eyepiece-2inch_W0QQitemZ220499336189QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Telescopes?hash=item3356c8dbfd

Old listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220481249211

John

Their feedbacks are all for astro bits...

Probably just bringing back from overseas and 'knocking out' to make a few quid...

So probably have a few..

OR...

They have used a shill or ghost to buy it/ place bids to try to bid it up and then if nobody goes higher they just give themselves feedback and relist...

Probably nothing dodgy.. just that they are wanting a decent price..

I will put my cynical self away on this occasion and assume they have more than one to sell..

Might be worth watching.

Steve

Their feedbacks are all for astro bits...

Probably just bringing back from overseas and 'knocking out' to make a few quid...

So probably have a few..

OR...

They have used a shill or ghost to buy it/ place bids to try to bid it up and then if nobody goes higher they just give themselves feedback and relist...

Probably nothing dodgy.. just that they are wanting a decent price..

I will put my cynical self away on this occasion and assume they have more than one to sell..

Might be worth watching.

Steve

LOL not like you steve ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Stranger and stranger...............................

The same 17mm Ethos eyepiece is up for sale for a third time on eBay in 6 weeks. Ad is exactly the same.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TeleVue-Ethos-17mm-telescope-eyepiece-2inch_W0QQitemZ220511799842QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Telescopes?hash=item3357870a22

Notice that the "seller" never left any feedback for the last "sale". Is the seller just very unlucky or ?

John

Well, the two previous sales appear to be completed correctly AND have had positive feedback... Now a third for sale. Must be bringing them in. but given Opticorp has them listed for $719 which I make to be around £430, he'd be making a loss.... unless he has access to trade prices

Archived