Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

An amazing free atlas

Ive downloaded the whole atlasx already, and printed off the A set of star charts, and had them laminated and bound together in a spiral binder. The detail in the charts is amazing. I am planning on printing off and laminating the other 2 sets, just as soon as I can get more laminte pouches lol

Andy

weareborg, did you print at A4? I just tried printing the first page of chart A and it is WAY too small. Looks like it needs to be printed at A2.

Great amount of detail though. Thanks for sharing acey!

Yep. I just opened each file up in Acrobat and printed on A4. Ill try and post a pic of my completed 1st Atlas

Andy

OK Ive taken a couple of shots to show you my version of this great atlas. The quality aint that great cause I took them with my phone, but the atlas itself has come out great. Can't wait to get the other sets done, even though I know its going to take alot of paper and laminate sheets. It only cost me about £3 to get it put in the spiral binder at a local printers and £2 for a pack of lamite pouches from Asda, so I think its worth it, when you consider the cost of a laminated field atlas like the Sky Atlas

post-12769-133877405894_thumb.jpg

post-12769-1338774059_thumb.jpg

post-12769-133877405907_thumb.jpg

OK Ive taken a couple of shots to show you my version of this great atlas. The quality aint that great cause I took them with my phone, but the atlas itself has come out great. Can't wait to get the other sets done, even though I know its going to take alot of paper and laminate sheets. It only cost me about £3 to get it put in the spiral binder at a local printers and £2 for a pack of lamite pouches from Asda, so I think its worth it, when you consider the cost of a laminated field atlas like the Sky Atlas

Thats very professional. Whats it like to use in the dark with a red light?

I've already got these - they are truly amazing for a freebie! :)

THe "A" atlas (mag 10) is on A3 paper (43 sheets for the N hemisphere) and the "B" on A4 (about 80 sheets for the N hemisphere). The "C" Atlas - which is very detailed - to mag 13 - I have only printed on A4 as and when required as "finder sheets". Mine are in plastic wallets - it is dead easy to take these out to the Observatory and use them, if they get wet or I scribble too much on them it is of little consequence - I simply reprint that sheet.;)

post-17157-133877405912_thumb.jpg

Tell all your friends... spread the word!!! I store mine in cheap clear plastic wallets... so I can 'upgrade' it in future. I recently replaced the old B-atlas with the newer B/C atlas (good scale, but without having to chop a forest down for printing). I regularly print out specific pages when hunting down planets/comets/astroids.

Cheers

PEterW

Hi.

I've been using these maps for the past 6 mths or so.

I have printed the A set in both A3 (printed on a laser printer for clarity) and an A4 (printed on Pc printer) set for field use.

With red light they are very easy to use and are easy to rattle off on a pc printer whenever they are needed in A4 size.

JR did a fantastic job.

Archived