Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camping hook ups

TheThing

Just thinking ahead to SGL5 here.

I'm planning on bringing my Tal2M mount and pier so that I can do some imaging under truely clear skies. It has an ordinary 3 pin plug to connect to mains.

I've never used an electrical hook up when camping before (I like to camp 'hard core!) Can I just plug the 3 pin plug into the hook up or do I, as I suspect, need a gizmo to go between the two?

If so, what's the gizmo's proper name please?

Cheers!

I have to admit I did baulk at paying that much for one but now I use mine for when I'm doing anything out in the garden that involves electricity (IIRC, even a bit of imaging!) so the cost of it isn't too painful.

Tony..

Hi All, please remember that mosts campsites have only 16 amp hookups which means that you can only run upto about 3600watts, I think. If you multiply the volts by the amps you get the max watts you can use without tripping out. However Im not sure what power the scopes use , various I would imagine so check it out before hand.

If its Lucksall then you should be able to find out prior to the visit by checking out the website.

Keith.

Archived