SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, GRS and Ganymede

legion48

Hi Legion,

I tried eyepiece projection but I am getting worse than prime focus image:evil6:

SPC900 you use, is it modded?

how do you get that clear image?;)

My SPC900 is not modded. I think you just need to persevere. I've had my 200mm newt for several months now and it's only in the last week or so that I'm happy with the images I've been getting, I haven't been posting the rubbish ones.:)

I think there is a definite learning curve when a new piece of equipment is introduced or a new method of imaging is attempted. Eventually, you just seem to "get it" and it all seems to work.

What equipment are you using when attempting prime focus? Can you post images of your attempts, good or bad, in Imaging Discussion? Without seeing the results you are getting, it's difficult to give any specific advise.

My SPC900 is not modded. I think you just need to persevere. I've had my 200mm newt for several months now and it's only in the last week or so that I'm happy with the images I've been getting, I haven't been posting the rubbish ones.:)

I think there is a definite learning curve when a new piece of equipment is introduced or a new method of imaging is attempted. Eventually, you just seem to "get it" and it all seems to work.

What equipment are you using when attempting prime focus? Can you post images of your attempts, good or bad, in Imaging Discussion? Without seeing the results you are getting, it's difficult to give any specific advise.

I am using 5" celestron SE and 8" Meade, for imaging Neximage celestron and Baader UV cut filter but I am anxiuos get my hands on something more advanced like DMK or modded SPC900 maybe. What do you advice?;)

Archived