SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A quick & dirty M31

George

I got a couple of imaging sessions in last week in what has been months of drought for me. Anyhow been playing with the M31 subs I took over a couple nights, 70+ 5 minute subs, also for the first time have used flats using an LCD screen. Here's my latest play with the data, not entirely happy with it as M31 pushes my photoshop knowledge to the limit.

More can be dragged out for sure and when I have time I'll give it my best ;)

Anyway my effort so far.......

post-13224-133877405743_thumb.jpg

Apart from being a bit blue, it's quite a good image George.

That originates from the CLS filter, still not found a satisfactory way of removing this cast from the image before processing. Still I'll plod on when time permits and improve this image.

BTW I ran gradientX a few times before I posted the original image but I'm wary of it overcooking the image.

It's good to see you back on the board withthis fine image George. Great lanes and details abound, so clear up the the unwanted colour and you are back with a vengeance.

I'm sure there is treatment for the job.

Ron.;)

That originates from the CLS filter, still not found a satisfactory way of removing this cast from the image before processing. Still I'll plod on when time permits and improve this image.

BTW I ran gradientX a few times before I posted the original image but I'm wary of it overcooking the image.

Thats why i left it at that stage, a few more hours of data will do the trick. Regarding the cls filter, i have one myself & get the same effect - but when processing it usually get's filtered out somewhat.

Cheers

Nadeem.

You've got some excellent data George. You say that you could drag out some more out of it but I think you could use other terms as well - wringing, mangling, squeezing. Whenever you feel this is what you need to do it's time to stop and go back a step or two. I think the best processing improvement you could make would be to have a bit less off it. Give the data chance to breathe.

Archived