Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few pics from Kielder

Starflyer

What an amazing starparty!!! A few clear spells and a few beers on Thursday night to gently break us in. A good few hours of clear skies on the Friday and Saturday evenings, and a few more beers ;)

I had a great time with Gary, Craig, Martin, Andrew and David, a few laughs, oh... and did I mention we had a few beers :)

Here we have our little imaging corner;

Imagers%20corner.JPG

A panorama of Kielder Observatory, with the full size version here;

Kielder%20Observatory_small.jpg

Here's a crop of the Skyspace - you sit in it and look up and it's supposed to give you the feeling of looking down on a planet;

Skyspace.jpg

And here's a photoshopped version;

Skyspace_black.jpg

Hope you like 'em, it was good to see all the regular faces there and to meet a few new ones.

Ian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great images Ian, I forgot I took some of the area / kit / observatory, I'll post 'em soon. It was great to meet up with the usual lot again, we did have a bit of a riot didn't we? lol. Loads of beers, good banter, clear skies and good mates, what more could we ask?

Looking forward to next Autum already, I wont make the spring event unfortunately......

BTW Ian, did you see the blonde sheep on the way back?

Gary

Nice shots, and some serious imaging rig I don't remember seeing those scopes, you must have been tucked away quite nicely.

Yup Dave, we were tucked away in the corner at the bottom of the hill just as you come into the park. It was nice and quiet there, until we arrived that is............

Gary

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to next Autumn already :)

We did raise a bottle to absent friends Karlo, hopefully you'll be there for next time.

Looking forward to seeing your pics Gary, (I think the ones taken with the lens cap off will be the best ones), I looked for the blond sheep but didn't see her ;)

David... sorry my photoshop skills aren't up to that :)

As Gary says, we were tucked away in the top corner being generally noisy and having a great time.

Cheers,

Ian

Looking forward to seeing your pics Gary, (I think the ones taken with the lens cap off will be the best ones

Lol! I had a great time with you guys as per. Looking forward to spring up north and Kielder next autumn. I'll try and make it a bit longer next time though.

Cheers, Martin

Thanks for these stirling contributions to the Star Camp report! Remember lads, some parched parts of England would cry for this kind of rain. Where there's water, there's life, say the scientists.

Richard

:) They will not detract from the fact that this year (for the first time) the skies were clear both Friday and Saturday nights. At least there will be nobody saying "You should have been here earlier in the week/stayed later the next week..." like there usually is. I thoroughly enjoyed it - even if I got the wrong shaped pine cones - and all that walking made me realise I'm not quite ready for the skip just yet after all ;)

I'm already booked for Spring with Mrs MP and if the plan works out I might even manage the mountain bike :)

Arthur

Archived