SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M8 THE LAGOON NEBULA

CELESCOPE

Thats is a real tricky one to get from where we live Rog, to low down in the Rubbish called Canvey Island.

But you've managed to pick up a lot of fine detail in there for an object so low in the south.

Makes you realise just how bad out skies actually are...

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Ant , using just Alt AZ i will get problems going much over that , ie some rotation etc , also u have to remember that the fast star says what it means , its at least 30 times faster than at f10, so short subs are only needed to gather a lot of data , so i tend to take it to its limits at 45,5, ok so now i need to get a Wedge , this would then allow me hopefully many mins of info , pulling even fainter objects , guiding should not be needed, with this setup ,

I do need to move on a bit now , with new camera etc , the new 16 bit Atik sounds just great , so i may sell one of my GPS 8s to afford it , anyone intersted give me a shout ,

Cheers

Rog

Archived