Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polar Aligning EQ6 query...

Darth_Muppet

I use this for drift aligning my CG-5 with a webcam.. EQAlign Project a quality, free ware programme.. connects to the scope via ascom, shows available stars, does the go-to bit... centre the star... measures camera angle in 1 min then drift aligns for bout 15 mins, works a treat.

Jordan

I've never looked through the polar scope on my EQ6 as I drift align each time. Guidemaster has a neat little drift alignment function that I use to fine tune it. It alsoo helps to mark the ground where you put the tripod so each time you put the mount outside it'll be pretty close and the drift align won't take very long.;)

Sam

I use this for drift aligning my CG-5 with a webcam.. EQAlign Project a quality, free ware programme.. connects to the scope via ascom, shows available stars, does the go-to bit... centre the star... measures camera angle in 1 min then drift aligns for bout 15 mins, works a treat.

Jordan

I used EQalign last time I did a polar alignment check, As Jordan says it works a treat. You do need a webcam that is supported tho, in my case the QHY5 is supported.

Archived