Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805/Melotte15 in HST palette

GordonH

Hi

I have been continuing to revisit some of the images that I took last year, earlier on in the autumn I managed to get 2 hours of Ha data on the centre of the heart nebula IC1805 with the star cluster Melotte 15. Last night I managed to get another 2 hours each for OIII and SII. The OIII and SII was quite weak compared to the Ha so I had to push it quite hard in the processing hence the noise and artefacts in the image. It was taken with the BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H9 camera. The previous image was taken last year with the TMB 115 and H36 so is a much wider field of view with an hour of data for each channel, this can be seen on the nebulae page of the image gallery on http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

I will be having another go at this with more subframes when I get my new toy up and running

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877405016_thumb.jpg

Archived