Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

MikeP

Socket head screws / bolts

I can give a thumbs up to KAYS FASTNERS too.

If anyone is looking for alt/az type bolts with a plastic turny thing on them try COMPONENT FORCE.

Rob

Hi again, does anyone know what the proper name for this type of bolt is and any suppliers?

turnbuckle bolt.gif

Hard to tell from your sketch but if the loop at the top is hinged then the only common screw type like this is used for fixing cameras to tripods and is called a "D RING SCREW" and is commonly available in one thread size, 1/4", but different lengths.

Here is a long thread version at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yosoo-Mounting-Adapter-Flathead-Stainless/dp/B012CLIF24/ref=sr_1_18?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1454840107&sr=1-18&keywords=d+ring+with+screws

If you go to ebay uk and type D RING SCREW in the search box you will find several listings in different lengths.

Edited by Oddsocks
Spelling correction

Many thanks Oddsocks, shame I can only find them in 1/4", but I have an 1/4 x 20 tap set somewhere, will just have to modify my design.

Rob.

I use a local engineering supplies company for thissort of thing.   They have racks of bolts and screws and will happily sell 1 or a thousand.

Ripon Engineering Supplies.  behind ATS near the recycling place just off the ring road.

• Like 1