Narrowband

Socket head screws / bolts

MikeP

Hard to tell from your sketch but if the loop at the top is hinged then the only common screw type like this is used for fixing cameras to tripods and is called a "D RING SCREW" and is commonly available in one thread size, 1/4", but different lengths.

Here is a long thread version at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yosoo-Mounting-Adapter-Flathead-Stainless/dp/B012CLIF24/ref=sr_1_18?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1454840107&sr=1-18&keywords=d+ring+with+screws

If you go to ebay uk and type D RING SCREW in the search box you will find several listings in different lengths.

Edited by Oddsocks
Spelling correction

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/10/2009 at 15:19, RobH said:

Gone are the days of the local ironmongers unfortunately, where you could buy nails by the pound, in eco friendly paper bags!

We still have one of those in Poole, Boones (they don't have a website but are listed on loads of the yelp-type sites). I can't praise them highly enough. They are the sort of shop you can go in with a nut and say "I want something that will fit this" and they find it and will sell you one. Brilliant.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 16/10/2009 at 16:19, RobH said:

Gone are the days of the local ironmongers unfortunately, where you could buy nails by the pound, in eco friendly paper bags!

In France, one can buy fixings by volume.
Not in an eco friendly paper bag though.

3Kg of machine screws, lock nuts & washers etc.

Pick_and_mix_fixings_Weldom.jpg.c4d62c87046df4e578d4d520101eb6dc.jpg

Total cost €9 - for all this:

Screws_nuts_washers_Weldom.jpg.6ab21f0fa056f9fa78279f0465cab6fe.jpg

I need to go back, to get a full range of hex screws, and a broad range of self tappers.
I reckon that for around €30 I will have fully restocked my workshop.

• 11 months later...