SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Socket head screws / bolts

MikeP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In case anybody wants a good deal on small quantities of stainless goods, the eBay shop, Tek Hardware, is about the best, massive stocks of all types, the only place I could obtain some of the old type penny washers in stainless, post free.

John.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

American astro equipment is often put together with imperial nuts and and bolts, BSW , BSF etc, this causes problems when you want to adapt or alter things, a good source for these products in stainless steel, and reasonably priced for small quantities, can be found at : stainlessautomotivefastnings.co.uk

I've bought lots of stuff from ScrewFix, mainly for the house but other things too. It's amazing what you can get from them. Quick delivery too.

We have a couple tractor and farm suppliers in the nearest town and they supply nuts, bolts, washers etc. in single quantities. Mainly galvanised steel. I'm thinking of getting some studding for my pier from them, though admitted SS would be better.

Edited by Gina

• 2 months later...

Better late than never??

A great source of these items is a local metric motorcycle shop. Most motorbikes (other than American manufactured) now use metric threads and most riders such as myself like to upgrade the standard bolts to an Allen head because they don't strip as easy as cheap hex head and they also greatly improve the aesthetics of the beast.

These bolts can also be acquired in a high tensile aluminium (alloy) from some bike shops and any go-kart sales/spares dealers. Most towns have a cycle sales or repair shop.

There's no point in me providing links as I'm in Australia and most members here seem to be from the UK but Google is always your friend.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have recently been dealing with a company called "Grove Components" they deal with such as hard to come by UNC/UNF, BSF,Cycle, metric etc, in stainless threaded rod, cap screws, bolts and many other bits and pieces, involved in old British car restoration work.. A 12" lenght of 1/4" UNC threaded rod for my Barn Door project was very reasonably priced :)

John.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...