Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_smartphones.thumb.jpg.2c4c8c071da4f18cb4d5b9abc11d6e7b.jpg

Rossco72

Vixen Porta Mount

Rossco72    72

Hi everyone,

Im looking for replacement slow motion control knobs for my Vixen Porta, preferably flexible but metal will do. They look pretty standard diameter like most others i've seen.

Anyone know where these can be sourced from?

Cheers

Stuart

Stardust    746

When I lost one I looked at Orion optics who do a pair, bit pricey though. I guess Beacon hill telescope would be worth a call as they have some deal with OVL for taking all the returns, so are bound to have some.

John    18,783

I bought the Orion Optics ones after looking high and low for an alternative. They were a big improvement over the rather poor plastic ones supplied with the mount (the only poor bit of the Porta Mount IMHO).

If you want a cheaper alternative these might do:

Meade Replacement slow-motion handles for EQ1/2 type GEM

John

brympton    0

I put skywatcher az3 handles on mine, a perfect fit and much more user friendly. FLO should be able to supply these?

John    18,783
I put skywatcher az3 handles on mine, a perfect fit and much more user friendly. FLO should be able to supply these?

I tried that as well but found they were too long and flexible and introduced vibrations into the system until they stopped wobbling. Thats why I went for the rigid OO ones in the end.

John

pete_gamby    67

FLO should also be able to quote for Vixen's own 300mm flexible handles. Retail price is £19.95 each. Part number is 78800 (Vixen part number 8800).

Cheers, Pete