Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader MPCC Fitting

Hi

I am very strongly considering to buy a Baader MPCC for my Celestron C8 N. I am still using the Stock - Rack & Pinion focuser with it, which i am quite surprised, it's not too bad, but probably needs regreasing for a smoother feel.

I would like to mount a Coma Corrector on my current Focuser. The Correctors are here - Will this solution work with it ? As there are two versions of this Corrector a Photographic Version - which is basically just the Corrector & the Photographic/Visual version - which includes the additional adaptors.

Im not sure which one I need or what else I need to purchase to fit my 450D onto it.

Some help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nadeem.

Th Photo/Visual version is a good staring place as it includes some adaptors but as all the adaptors can be bought seperately it might work out cheaper to buy the basic one and just get the adaptors that you need.

Here's a .pdf file that should answer your questions as it shows the various configurations..

http://www.agenaastro.com/v/vspfiles/files/baader/mpcc_e.pdf

John

I have the basic one too and that and a suitable 'T' adapter is all that you need - however, be aware that depending on your scope's 2" adapter style, you may not be able to achieve sufficient inwards focus travel. I had to design and get made a custom adapter to get it all to work but am very pleased with the results.

..however, be aware that depending on your scope's 2" adapter style, you may not be able to achieve sufficient inwards focus travel..

Well that's what I am afraid of as well. The stock focuser on the celestron has got a direct SLR connection, I have to unscrew the 1-1/4"

eyepiece adaptor from the focuser & replace it with a 2" Eyepiece adaptor (the same size which come with the SW200P's) before I can insert MPCC. mmm, im wondering how hard would it be to find a low profile 2" eyepiece adaptor instead of replacing the focuser itself ?

Archived