Narrowband

Hello stargazers

Time Meddler

Hello. I have just found this forum and it looks pretty cool. I live in Scotland and I am into astronomy and weird things like lunar calendars. I don't have much in the way of fancy equipment - just an old refractor, which is not veyr good but I have seen things like the phases of Venus and the rings of Saturn on it. I like to do naked eye observing but I am on the lookout for a decent pair of binoculars to improve things a bit.

Went to Turkey to see the eclipse in March - awesome - and got some good photos and video footage, as well as meeting some nice people there.

Anyway, hope to speak to some of you peeps soon.

A warm welcome to SGL TM!

If your scope you the rings then it can't be all bad!! As you'll see from reading, we have a healthy mix of visual observers and imagers, so you should fit right in!!

There a few others in your part of the world, they'll make themselves known no doubt!!

P.S. Tom Yates has a pair of revelation bins for sale - see the Members Buy Sell section.

Welcome to the forum TM. Great video! What old refractor have you got?

Can't remember the make but it is less than three inches diameter and has a very wonky altazimuth mounting. It is about 25 years old now. So I've seen some good stuff but nothing to what you can get with 'scopes nowadays.

P.S. I'll post some pics later if I get a chance - got a lot on today.

Welcome to the forum TM. Great video! What old refractor have you got?

Can't remember the make but it is less than three inches diameter and has a very wonky altazimuth mounting. It is about 25 years old now. So I've seen some good stuff but nothing to what you can get with 'scopes nowadays.

P.S. I'll post some pics later if I get a chance - got a lot on today.

Sounds like my old scope! Good fun but time for an upgrade maybe :)

Archived