SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M 8 area with 50mm lens and Canon XT

qcdougn

I took this a week or so ago. This was one of my first trys with the canon 50 mm f 1.8 lens. This is approx. 18 minutes total of exposure with the lens set on f 3.5 and ISO 800. I like this cheap lens. It's very, very sensitive.

Doug

Thanks Daz,

I was a little surprised at this one...for my first go. It kind of makes me think about doing more wide field....Summer is a good time to look to the South...if you have dark skies in that direction...

Doug

Thanks for the nice comment Phillip. I'm located in Kennewick, Washington (N/W USA). I actually live in a city. But, looking south for this shot is looking away from the city (population 200,000 +) lights.

Thanks again.....Did you see my 105mm shot from this weekend? It wasn't too bad. It's the same area as the one taken with the 50mm...Just a little bigger and deeper.

Doug

Archived