Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Catanonia

A dream come true : Been waiting for this : Horse Head Nebula

Thanks for the great comments guys. Been stuck inside for a while because of the weather and it has cheered me up ;)

Hmmmm....i think there must be a Hubble sized telescope hidden in one of those sand quarries. Taken from a back garden in Sandbach?? Nah...must be a ruse! :)

Seriously that image is awesome! ;)

Well done! Fab image!!

As has been said already, it's been this sort of image that has drawn so many people into astronomy - truly stunning!

Jim

Hmmmm....i think there must be a Hubble sized telescope hidden in one of those sand quarries. Taken from a back garden in Sandbach?? Nah...must be a ruse! :)

Seriously that image is awesome! ;)

LOL, that made me chuckle.

Got it hidden under the swimming pool that slides awat ala doctor evil style :)

That's a great image Cat... congrats... can't wait to have my first go at the horsey soon.. ;)

Jordan

Well, that's an awesome picture!! ;) I've just had a go at the horse myself this evening/morning, if it looks even a 10th as good as yours I'll be pleased - you must be ecstatic!

Lovely image, although if the tracking had been spot on, it would be a fantastic image.

Keep at it ... hopefully i can image this tonight ... from the other side of the world !!

;)

LOL, that made me chuckle.

Got it hidden under the swimming pool that slides awat ala doctor evil style :)

You mean wearing a monicle and stroking a tabby kitten??? OMG there must be a mini Moore!!!;)

You mean wearing a monicle and stroking a tabby kitten??? OMG there must be a mini Moore!!!;)

snigger, mini me, now there is a horrid thought....

So wanted to add to this image, but Mr Cloud has decided since to play.

Hello Cat...don't know how I missed this!

Great image, yes, there are a few minor technical niggles but the whole image punches out of the screen at you. Very dynamic and well composed ;)

Great to get your own image of something that was iconic to you. Mine was last year, the cone nebula. I had it on the front cover of 'Violent Universe' by Nigel Calder, and spent hours gazing at it as a kid :)

Cheers

Rob

Very well done... that's a corker.

I corrected the embedding link so the image is now in the thread.

Very well done... that's a corker.

I corrected the embedding link so the image is now in the thread.

thanks mate

Cat , that is a Stonker mate ( even with the slight trailing ) You have certainly pushed the imaging boat out since May , well done mate.

Pete

I think that is a fantastic image, great work. Shame about the star shapes - definitely something up in the guiding department. I would get the PA as accurate as you can as you can ask autoguiding to do too much.