SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M16 Sept 09

Dean

Here is my attempt at the eagle nebula taken over a few nights last month.

Image for M16 is a stack of 31x 60 secs at ISO 1600 using an unmodded canon 350 and a Equinox 80.

My mount is an EQ5 with a synscan upgrade kit.

The subs were taken after polar aligning with polefinder and using the mount to track. I bought the upgrade kit so I could start auto guiding but I am still having problems which hopefully I will sort out soon.

Thanks Dean

jpg.gif

post-14596-133877404015_thumb.jpg

Thanks Richie, I live just outside Bath and south of Bristol. I had a slot of about half an hour between 21.30 and 22.00 and got the subs over a couple of nights when the weather permitted, as well as dodging neighbours bonfires!

Cheers

Dean

I'm not an imager I'm afraid,don't know nowt about bias frames or flats etc. but I know what I like.:)

I like your image a lot being a fan of widefield views. If you have Photoshop installed you can reduce the 'clutter' quickly using Gamma reduction in the Exposure tool. I like a dark background myself (not everyones cup of tea) shows up the detail of the subject a bit better I feel.

For what it's worth here is my view of you very creditable image.:D

Guiding-wise - whats the problem you are having??

Cheers,

Richie

I haven't really nailed the problem yet, I think it may be related to the backlash on my mount, but I am going to have another go at sorting it tonight.

Thanks for asking. I will post an update on my findings but would be grateful if you have any ideas on the problem.

Thanks

Hi Starflyer, great thread - thanks for sharing it with me. I think I will have a go at that.

Hi Cloudwatcher, great improvement, I like your view too.

Thanks to you all

Dean

Archived