Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Richmond and Kew AS

Hello,

I am new to astronomy - yet to buy my first scope, and thought that I'd try to find a local astronomy club/group in SW London.

I noticed that there is a group listed as Richmond and Kew Astronomical Society, with a web address of www.rkas.org.uk, however the link doesn't work.

Is the group still functioning? Does anyone have a contact email address or other details? Are there any other groups you know of in SW London?

Thanks for any help! :D

Jim

Hi Jim

The society still exists :D

We are in the process of re-lauching the website as we had some issue with the previous webhost. Our next official meet is the Christmas dinner on the last Friday in November but we do arrange observing sessions when possible.

Cheers

Ian

Guildford AS=http://www.guildfordas.org

Ewell AS=http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/eashome.html

Both fairly large and friendly societies, who hold regular observing session (when the weather permits).

Richmond and Kew maybe holding some observing sessions this autumn, but I am not sure of the details, I await the website relaunch.

Thanks

PEterW

Hampton Hill

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

:hello:Hello everyone

I'm new to the site and am interested in finding out and maybe joining what other people locally do who like getting into stars and the cosmos. I look forward to more information if and when the society gets together. Also and sorry if this is pedestrian to some, but just worked out I've seen Jupiter twice now (naked eye). It's amazing!

Hi All,

I'm a bit new to all this and have been out on my fisrt observing sessions this month. Got my first ever view of Saturn what an awesome sight I could even see the moons with my rather modest set-up. Would like to know if therre is anybody in the Ealing area that would like to hook up for a session as having a bit of like minded company could make these sessions even more enjoyable.

PM me if interested

clear skies to all

D

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived