SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

revelation photo-visual eyepiece set

zedds

Hello all

I am thinking of buying the revelation photo-visual eyepiece set for my SW200, and i was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with it in connection with the SW200 or similar. I have read other threads regarding this set and it looks quite good.

Any opinions would be welcome

Thanks

Andy

iirc your scope is f6 so should be quite forgiving on e/ps. Having said that (and this is just my very humble opinion) think about spending the £££ on one or two slightly better quality e/ps rather than a whole set of cheapies. Others I am sure will differ but i find that I do most of my viewing with two e/ps - one for low power wide views of dsos and one at high(ish) power for moon, planets and double stars.

hi

i would also say maybe get 2-3 better eyepieces, and maybe an ok barlow, giving you more choice.

i bought a cheapish set in the start, but it dosent get used. the nirvana series is nice, maybe a 16mm and a 7mm?

i see that tal barlows often gets recommended here, havent seen them myself, i bought a 2" 2X - 2,7X myself.

alfi

alfi

Thanks for the views. I have looked at some other threads now regarding eyepieces and most say the same thing as yourselves. What are your views on the meade series 4000 super plossl . I was thinking of the 9.7mm and 32 mm to start for high power and low power. Also do you think the skywatcher deluxe 2x barlow that came with the `scope would have a negative effect on the eyepieces.

Thanks again

Andy

Archived