Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A little bright spot...

Helen

After the frustrations of the problems with my kit over recent times I managed to get a bit of imaging in last night - but just with the webcam. Seeing wasn't very good, Jupiter was just clearing the obs wall (which probably made the air there wobbly too), and my collimation needs fine tuning (after I took my corrector off and adjusted the scondary mirror holder). So its not very good! But its recognisable :D I processed in the Obs last night so don't have all the frame details. I'll add later, and maybe a process of the ones I took with a barlow.

Taken with nexstar8GPS on wedge at f10.

I think that's Io alongside it

Helen

post-13020-133877402022_thumb.jpg

Its a very nice piece Helen - I was doing eactly this myself last night (and a full high res/mag lunar mosaic) - WASN'T the seeing dire!!!!

Mine was coming over the house and it was like someone had smeared my objective with vaseline! I hope after my processing it comes out half as good - probably won't have time until the weekend though...

Thanks guys. And yes Dean your description that it was like looking through vasaline summed up my moon views really wel!!

I've tried the larger version, but I prefer the smaller one. I forgot to say this was with a phillips webcam, stacked and processed in registax 4.

post-13020-133877402054_thumb.jpg

I think given the conditions thats very fair work Helen. Had a brief fiddle with my data last night and coaxing any detail out is a real strain to I think you've done well. 8 inch yes? I used a 6" F5 refractor at F20 (4x barlow) so I hope to get comparable. I think its remarkable you got any detail out at all. Thankfully my Lunar efforts were a bit more sucessful - quite a decent Copernicus and Clavius

Archived