SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Three widefield shots from Kelling

I spent the first half of Friday Night at Kelling Heath putting togther some widefield shots with a 50mm lens on my unmodded Canon 100D piggy-backed on my ETX 90. I'm still very new to this whole deep sky imaging malarkey. My first attempt was Perseus which was still pretty low down and plague by bleedin' aircraft trails. I took 24 subs but 11 were blighted by aircraft trails so in the end I just gave up! I then managed to get some pictures of Andromeda and Cassiopeia. The dew then started to set in and I was left with the choice of breaking out the dew heaters or going an looking through a large Dob - the Dob won. I then ended up chatting to a few SGLers down on the blue field. A great evening.

post-13232-133877401663_thumb.jpg

post-13232-133877401684_thumb.jpg

post-13232-133877401763_thumb.jpg

Wow, Michael, these are excellent. I can make out plenty of objects in Cassie - is that the Double cluster in the bottom left, and M52 in the top right? It;s very small though, but appears to be in the right position for M52. M31 looks stunning, you've picked up amazing detail in the galaxy that looks so impressive in a widefield shot.

Not to mention the sheer amount of stars in every image.

Excellent work :D

Archived