Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new eyepiece collection - Set of UWAN's

Doc

This is my new eyepieces collection. A complete set of William Optics UWAN's.

These are wonderfully made and packaged. They ooze quality and the twist up eyeguards are really cool.

The 28mm one is huge I put a normal can of coke next to it to show size.

I have a B&W type 30 case to put them in just haven't had the time yet as it's pluck foam so I want to get it right. I got the idea of the case from Johninderby.

next on the list a MPCC and some more filters.

img0988t.jpg

img0989q.jpg

Lovely Mick !.

I've got a Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm at the moment so that I can compare it to the Nagler 31mm - very, very little difference IMHO. I'm sure the Nirvana's are the same as the UWAN's - they look identical.

How do they compare with your Hyperions ?.

Regards,

John

Lovely Mick !.

I've got a Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm at the moment so that I can compare it to the Nagler 31mm - very, very little difference IMHO. I'm sure the Nirvana's are the same as the UWAN's - they look identical.

How do they compare with your Hyperions ?.

Regards,

John

Have not had a chance to use them yet, only came Monday. I'm getting a WO 66 for xmas as a travel scope and also to use as a finder on the dob so they will be used for that as well. I know they are similar if not the same to the Nirvana but for a little more I think WO are tad a better company.

ooh you lucky Doc :D

is that one of those titchy aeroplane coke cans?

ps like the background colour gradient too

Lol no is a full can. The background is just a piece of red card curved over. Simple but effective.

Very, very nice Mick, look forward to a first light report on them. That 28mm is huge, will you need scaffolding to lift it into the eye piece holder lol. Out of curiosity what does the 28mm weigh?

Sorry, not got back to you over Stephs 12" dob and Doc's Doofer yet, tweaked my back again so struggling at the moment. Wonder if some other kind soul can provide the diameter of the base mount???

Carl

Mick

A very nice set of EPs and the case looks very professional. I am sure you will appreciate the extra FOV above the Hyperion 68 degrees.

By the way I notice that your Herschel list is growing. I read the Herschel Objects book by James Mullaney last week on holiday you might want to have a look.

In the meanwhile I look forward to reading a report on the new EPs.

Regards

Mark

IMHO there is definately something very special about WO equipment. Just by looking at your photos you can see the quality. I can't quite put my finger on it, but when you see and feel them they seem to have a certain something that makes them stand out . I have just bought a 7.5 - 22.5mm WO zoom which I am very pleased with. I know the views won't be as good with the zoom as they will be with your UWANS Doc, but I think anyone who buys William Optics products will be very pleased. Like I say, these are just my feelings but hopefully, in time, I will replace my eyepieces with a set like yours. Very nice!

John

Archived