Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milkyway Panorama from Kelling & Salisbury

This was stitched together with data taken from the Autumn Kelling Star Party and last years Salisbury Star Party. The Kelling section was from Perseus to Cygnus and the Salisbury data was Cygnus down to below Aquila.

The image was taken with a Canon 400D and Sigma 10-20mm lens the 5 panes were approximately an hour each at ISO800 F4. The camera was mounted on an Astrotrac.

beyondvision-albums-widefield-picture2910-milkyway-taken-kelling-heath-sept-2009-salisbury-star-party-2008-canon-400d-sigma-10-20mm-lens-mounted-astrotrac.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Certainly has the wow factor!

The wife asked which bit was Cygnus, as I was pointing that out to her the other night. I had to say I haven't a clue, SOO many stars.I really have to start saving hard for that HEQ5 mount....

Certainly has the wow factor!

The wife asked which bit was Cygnus, as I was pointing that out to her the other night. I had to say I haven't a clue, SOO many stars.I really have to start saving hard for that HEQ5 mount....

Deneb is the bright star towards the middle of the frame just below the red patch of nebulosity of the North American Nebula. Cygnus runs to the left along the spine of the Milkway. Sadr can be seen in the middle of another patch of nebulosity to the left of Deneb.

Regards

Kevin

Archived