SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

tripod adapter for binoculars

zork

heya

so i ordered a tripod adapter for my nikon action extreme. paid for it and everything. this was a month ago. got a mail today that they no longer sell those.

so... anyone who knows another adapter or have any other idea on how to mount the binoculars to a tripod? i have been trying some stuff and been searching for options, but to no avail.

any ideas are helpful!

/zorken

heya! sorry for the late reply... anyway, yeah an adapter like that. i did check out adapters in various shops, but none worked with my bins. so... just 2 days after this post, i got a new mail from nikon saying that they had found a "left over" and are sending it to me without postage costs, just the cost for the adapters. nice :D

also, i was checking the skies yesterday with my bins and it was lovely. i also saw something that i dont know what it was, a bright small dot that moved fast across the sky. couldnt see it with the naked eye. no clue what it was, but it was a wow feeling of a sorts. :D

heya! sorry for the late reply... anyway, yeah an adapter like that. i did check out adapters in various shops, but none worked with my bins. so... just 2 days after this post, i got a new mail from nikon saying that they had found a "left over" and are sending it to me without postage costs, just the cost for the adapters. nice :D

also, i was checking the skies yesterday with my bins and it was lovely. i also saw something that i dont know what it was, a bright small dot that moved fast across the sky. couldnt see it with the naked eye. no clue what it was, but it was a wow feeling of a sorts. :)

It was possibly a satellite. If you know where you were looking then take a look or sine upto www.calsky.com. It gives you all kinds of titbits of info including satellite passes. Like StargazersLounge it is FREE to register and you can customize it to your location too.

One thing I like doing, is seeing how long I can track a satellite for before it is 'lost' in the darkness of space with my 7x50 binoculars. It gives me a "wow".

PS - Nice gesture of Nikon to charge you P&P for their tripod adaptor.

Archived