SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LVI smartguide experiences?

alfi

hi

im looking into buying a lvi smartguide, standalone guidecamera.

i like the possibility of using my dslr without having to use my pc.

does anyone have experience with this guider, any negatives, or positive things to say about it?

i have heard it works well up to 600mm focallenght, but not so good on longer, anyone tried this out?

appreciate advice and comments

alfi

Hi Alfi,

I have only used mine in my ZS80II so far so I cant comment on the longer focal length (I might try it out on my SCT or 132 one of these days) But it works pretty well on my EQ6Pro. It finds a guide star ok even if it's not in the middle of the chip and the controller lets you see the corrections being made in both axis as you go along.

I too use a DSLR and for me it is far more convenient than carting a pc or laptop around.

Cheers

Stuart

hi stuart

its nice to hear it works good.

i have read a little on the web, but there is not many rewievs out there.

i have taken the plunge and ordered a eq6 pro, a duomount bar, the lvi guider and two nirvana eyepieces.

im looking forward to this, im like a child on christmas when i get new kit :-)

alfi

hi

i saw that, but i read it is the same guider in new packaging, but i have now ordered the LVI, a eq6 pro synscan, a TS duomount, a 2" TS fieldflattener, 7mm and 16mm nirvana EP a Olll filter, and a baader comacorrektor.

so now it is like christmas for a week till it gets here! im like a child with new toys!

alfi

Archived